1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Found my second cable, so life is good.
    I had a good look at the damage, it appears to only be to the outer jacket. The interior wires are individually insulate and look to be in otherwise good condition. I am actually impressed with the quality despite the failure. Initially I babied these earbuds and cable, but over the four years they have had every increasingly rigours use. I won't bother with sugru. If I get another 3-4 year out the second cable they will still be the longest lasting set of headphones I have own to date.

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Beavers, so still very young, you'll f up loads more as she grows, they'll get over it, overall they'll be more in the plus column than the negative column, **** happens get over it, she will

Can't blame them, my wife is a leader for the local brownies & guides, it really is like herding cats, despite numerous facebook posts, phone calls and emails to parents for every event there is always one or 2 that get it wrong and they have many other children to consider.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I received this months copy of Focus and the first article I read shattered a long held belief that all snowflakes were six sided. In fact only one in a million is this shape, though how they counted this is not explained.
    i now have my doubts on the reality of Father Christmas and the tooth fairy.

4. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Well, we'll see. She's pretty mature for her age. She's still disappointed she isn't allowed to do stuff like starting campfires and putting up tents yet because Beavers don't really do that, although she can technically do both of those things because i've already taught her how. She picks up on just about everything.

5. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Come the end of my life, I wonder how much time I'll have spent in total trying to use my wireless mouse before remembering to switch it on :wallbash:

6. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Perhaps like Red Dwarf X... "the average person spends two weeks of their life stirring drinks!
    (conditions apply)
    " ;)

I've been really impressed with my Logitech M705. I've not changed the batteries once... never turn it off (unless I know I'm about to fly) and have had it for over a year... still reads 80% full.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Time for a weekend starting fires in the garden the using as many different techniques as you can muster

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

an order for nearly £800 worth of chocolate has gone awol, and no time or money to order from an alternate supplier...

...****

9. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

Can confirm the herding cats analogy as I am an Assistant Beaver Leader (stop sniggering at the back)

10. Porkins' Wingman

You have it hard for chocolate, amirite?

11. RedFlames

Nope, it was for a santa's grotto I had to organise, plus contest prizes... needed enough for 300+ people... and none of it turned up...

Cadbury's/Mondelez... useless ****ers...

12. Porkins' Wingman

Time to fess up then... cancel the grotto and tell the kids that Santa ran off with the money.

You have my sympathies, it sucks when you're organising an event and get let down by 3rd parties.

Just fill a barrel with Smarties and get the kids to scoop out a paper bag full, using a hygienic scoop of course. Sprinkle a few mystery items in there as a lucky dip. Done.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just had an email from Amazon saying their delivery driver could not deliver my items as he could not gain access which is odd as there is no front door fitted at the moment as I am replacing the cat flap with something bigger and better.

this is not the first time Amazon Logistics have done this. I have been a delivery driver so I no the score. This is a no no and will invariably get you, the driver, into trouble as you are taking a chance with your excuse for non delivery.

14. RedFlames

That was a possibility, but thankfully it's all sorted...

Today for me can be summed up as -

I'm here for the chocolate...

How much?

All of it...

15. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I am so done with my job.

It snowed last night so all the locals were panicking, even though the roads in town were fine. So I got a bunch of paying customers who couldn't do anything because the ground was white. I HATE PAYING CUSTOMERS. Bunch of obnoxious, useless gits who want to talk to me. I'm your cab driver, not your F*(&#(!n therapist, so STFU. Had a non-paying customer (insurance covers it) going out to the hills where the roads were bad, but she didn't say a peep, so that was fine. Get back to town, I've now been on shift for 6 hours of a 10 hour shift with no break. Fine, getting ready for lunch. Then they call me up to say that one of our regular accounts, the medical lab for the hospital, had a courier not show up and they wanted us, meaning me, to do his run. That ended up being 5 more hours, on the meter, covering half a dozen clinics and hospitals in three counties and generated $560 for the company by itself. I end up working 11 1/2 hours with no break yet again for minimum wage and bring in over $750 for the day before it's all over. Not only does nobody appreciate it, nobody even notices.

I can handle working for minimum wage for a sh!thole company, but either appreciate my work or don't ask me to go the extra mile for you.

16. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Heard on Wednesday that my best mate for many years through much of my 20's & 30's has died.

:(

He was a good man and a good laugh, and he'll be terribly missed by many.

Last edited: 10 Dec 2016
  17. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

A shame. But some solace, good men are often talked about long after their deaths, normally the good times and the laughs.

Someone I was friends with throughout high school was killed in a accident a couple of years ago. As we go through life, many people we know are going to die. Another died from leukemia - people still post on his facebook page, it's like a memorial page where you can just find all the people who liked him.

It's a pretty harsh reality to accept.

18. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Yea, I looked at his Facebook page. I don't do Facebook but I logged in to an account I created years ago and have never used. I hadn't seen him for over a year I think, he worked all over the world and it was a surreal experience looking through his pictures.

The trouble with harsh realities is that they remain harsh, no matter how many times you accept them.

Plenty of great memories though. Climbing, drinking, walking, drinking, fishing, drinking and sometimes just a beer or two. :) I'll miss him.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Windows 10 updates.

I had a copy of slic3r open as I was in the middle of customising my 3d printing settings. I hadn't saved the profile yet as I wasn't done testing - I didn't want to overwrite my existing settings as I was trying out some experimental settings. I planned to return to it this evening. I sit back down at my computer to find that Windows Update has forcefully rebooted my PC and lost a good couple of hours worth of work in Slic3r.

That's it. That's the last ****ing time this piece of **** operating system ****s me around. I'm installing a Linux distro as my daily driver and I'm re-installing Windows 7 on a separate partition/drive to use for games only. Only when forced by DirectX upgrades will I upgrade that partition to Windows 10. **** Microsoft and **** this ******** behaviour.

Microsoft Windows 10: Lesson 1 in "How to **** over your power users and make them abandon your platform".

EDIT: It appears that "********" slips through the swear filter, but "bull ****" doesn't - this probably isn't intentional :).

20. Strudul

Strudul ~

You know you can just disable the auto reboot? It was literally the first thing I did after installing win 10 and seeing it.

There a gpedit setting to change or you can just disable it in task scheduler and modify the permissions. :lol: