1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

O yes. The stimulation is great while experimenting with the machine but it soon snowballs and before you know it you're bouncing off walls like a 10 year old on a tartrazine binge. :(

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

[​IMG]

3. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Haha. :)

That's worryingly accurate. :worried:

4. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Yesterday I was in a small car accident (which I caused). Nothing major, only a few dents. No big deal, just drop off the car at the mechanic, it will be fixed in a few days right?

Well, my mom was supposed to get her shoulder operated on next week. This morning she had an appointment to clarify the details. The plan was for me to drive her. But since my car is at the mechanic she was adamant to take the bus.

Well, she fell, dislocated the other arm, bruised a rib and strained a ligament in her foot.

This sucks. :waah:

5. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Grandfather's lungs are pretty much shot and even if they find out the cause doctors say he'd be too weak for any treatment.

Grandmother has repeatedly told my mother (since she was very young even) that, should anything happen to him, she would commit suicide. I have no reason not to believe she's completely serious. She used to be almost completely reliant on my grandfather and barely left the house alone even when he was still healthy. Physically she's perfectly fine actually, but she's too anxious to even go to a grocery store by herself. Now my grandfather's in the hospital, we practically have to force her to simply eat and drink enough every day.
    Of course when the inevitable happens we will support her in every way we can, but she and my grandfather have always been incredibly, stubbornly negative people... I don't want to think about it too much.

Stress from all of the above is (unsurprisingly) taking its toll on my mother too, though she tries to act calm. She should really watch out for her blood pressure in the coming months.

2017 is looking to be a rough year. :(

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I genuinely appreciate the support mate it means a lot, Tonight I'm making a call to the Depression and anxiety service my GP referred me to. I've always been too proud to ask for help, Like It was just a stage in my life... I remember logging into Bit-tech when I was 17/18 years old claiming I was leaving bit-tech to seek help. I never did. I just left to try avoid my title as 'deadp1xels chief complainer' (check the tags go on!)

I'm now almost 25 and although my problems have not necessarily worsened, the stakes (job, responsibility, relationships) have certainly heightened and I can't risking any of them for the sake of my pride.

in other news....

I came home to my family basically begging me to talk to my brother.. A mental health professional himself they're worried he's fallen into a depressive state. He's got very few if any friends and is starting to feel very low, I've used the opportunity to open up to him in hopes (he doesn't realise) we can help each other.

Last edited: 2 Feb 2017
  7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Day ends in Y, ****'s gone wrong...

repeat as needed...

[Translation: My PC is dead... again... evidently i hadn't fixed what was broken...]

8. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

My Grandmother is dying, probably won't make it a day....and I feel basically nothing. I don't feel sad, nor do I feel sorry for my mother. I don't have any attachment to my extended family because i'm just so different from all of them. They keep saying to me "Do you want to go see her one last time?" and I just think... what does that accomplish? We all die, and we all become dust one day. Why do I want to pour my heart out over people who are basically strangers?

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Just had a lorry basically ram me off the road because he didn't see me, we exchanged details, phoned my insurance... "sorry your insurance was cancelled 4 days ago"

freaking typical

Last edited: 6 Feb 2017
  10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Good job you'll be claiming of his then isn't it.......

11. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

More like he'll get done for driving without insurance and no one will pay up.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

He'll only get 'done' if someone reports him.
    As it stands he needs to make a claim through the other drivers insurance company without the help of his, it'll probably be a ball ache and a require some work on his part but he should get paid out, and maybe learn a lesson.

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Well it's possible he already told his insurer he had an accident. Even if he didn't I assume the other guys insurance company would check on his insurance status.

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

This is true.
    All may not be lost though, for one I'd want to know why my insurance was cancelled and what steps they took to inform me

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I must be losing my touch, I only had two people try to kill me via overly-aggressive overtaking today.

Apparently going 60mph on a 60mph road wasn't fast enough for some knobhead in an Audi; it seemed absolutely imperative for them to overtake me and then cut me up when they had to swerve back in to avoid oncoming traffic. The other one was a BMW going the opposite direction who decided that a learner wasn't going fast enough for their liking, so swerved into oncoming traffic - that oncoming traffic being me - in order to get past the learner.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Isn't that kind of behaviour normal by now?

I know driving anywhere longer distance (i.e. over 50km) is like dancing with the devil.
    If there's nobody trying to kill you at least once, you weren't driving anywhere and are making up a story. :grr:

17. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

The difference in India is its usually demented pedestrians trying to kill themselves under your car. But yeah, point well taken. Can't go anywhere on the road these days without someone doing something staggeringly stupid.

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Check this out:

https://twitter.com/tweetsakshi/status/827395592401743877

More common than you'd think.

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

20. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

haha - love the fact that she just buggers off after causing a fairly major traffic accident...