1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Probably went home and told her family how many idiots were on the road today an shes lucky she wasn't in an accident.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Ahh ****.

[​IMG]

It may only be a Kangoo, only a work van, not worth getting annoyed about... But it's my van and I've spent the past 2 years taking extremely good care of it and doing a lot of 'tidying up' on it.

It's also just about the last thing anyone ever needs, but even more so for me at the moment given current circumstances and health. Just seems to be one thing after another lately. I'm more angry with myself than anything; it was totally my fault and not only have I ***ked up the front end of my usually immaculate van, I also ruined the back of a nice young girl's Seat Leon and also her whole week in the process. :grr:

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Some t-cut and that'll be good uni... it'll buff right out...

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

5. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Sorry to see that Uni, bugger, bugger, bugger....
    If it's any consolation, I did that about 15 months ago to a lady's Mini. Very upsetting all round.
    Karma visited me a year later, with an elderly lady driving into my car whilst parked outside work.
    She smacked into my NS wheel and wing so hard that the track rod end on one side broke on her car, that wheel no longer steered...
    My dear old car, now a Cat C write off, bought back and reinstated fine in budget with a bit of help from guys at work.
    Good luck fella, and don't beat yourself up about it, there's plenty of bad stuff going on in the world. No one's hurt and the cars can be mended.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Sorry to hear, Uni. Accidents happen so don't beat yourself up too much about it. The main thing is that no-one was hurt and cars can be repaired or replaced. I know you've spent a lot of time, effort and money on doing up the van, so it's a bit gutting to see it smashed up, but it can be fixed.

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Just found out my birthday fall on Great North Run weekend... scuppering my plans to get some friends together...

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Too soon. :(

Thanks guys, I know it's not the end of the world and definitely pales in comparison to the last accident that I had when I hit a diesel spill on a corner and wrote off my last car. I was very lucky to walk away from that one and this shunt was only minor, but still annoying because I know it was my fault. As the guy who witnessed the accident and stopped with us said at the scene said, it would have been worse if there was someone under either vehicle. Plastic, paint and metal can be repaired.

In so many ways it's the last thing that I needed amidst many other current life ruining problems that I won't go into, but every cloud has a silver lining. The van was already due a trip to the body shop to have some minor repairs done to continue my long job of tidying up damage that I either inherited when I bought it or that has happened since I've been driving it. Things like car park dents, bumper scuffs, stone chips and some N/S sill damage that it's always had (I think a forklift hit it) which have been bugging me for ages will be fixed now that I've been forced to take it off the road for a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately my commercial insurance policy doesn't include van hire, so I've had to cough up for one myself and will be driving an Enterprise Fiat Doblo (postman's van) for the next week or two. Thankfully I didn't have to pay the ridiculous online rate, I got a decent deal on it through the body shop who are doing the repairs. They're a great company who I have dealt with before and have always very helpful. It's hard to find a company who will do favours like that for their customers these days. They're even going to spec a new bumper with fog light cutouts instead of blanks so I can finally install my DRL/fog kit.

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Deciding what's less depressing:
    - Leaving home next Friday night and staying at Heathrow for an early Saturday flight
    - Staying at home next Friday night, and waking up at 03:30 Saturday morning for aforementioned flight.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Depends on whether it is business or pleasure. If the latter the neither would depress me, if the former the first would be more depressing but I suffer from a sleep disorder so getting up at 03:30 would not be an issue.

11. Mister_Tad

Agreed, antisocial travel is a lot more acceptable when you're going somewhere for fun. I am not, sadly :/

I've opted for staying at the airport on Friday night. I'll regret it when it comes time to get in the car, but I don't mind leaving quite late (after I would feel compelled to be in bed anyway) and having a very short night sleep if I'm at the airport already.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Did that last Oct en route to LA.
    Took the last Ryanair from Liverpool to Dublin at 10pm on a Saturday, for a cheap, direct flight (Ethiopian Air) at 6am on Sunday.
    Sadly, the ONLY place open in Dublin airport 24hrs at the weekend is MaccyD's! :duh:

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Airbag resistors driving me insane.

I've gone through 2.2, 2.7, 3.3, 2.7k and all I get is slightly different fault codes. Frustrating.

14. Mister_Tad

Yuck. Antisocial travel with layovers is even worse.

I'm off to Muscat, which doesn't have much selection in terms of direct routes (a whole 2 of them), and BA's outbound flight time doesn't suit. I'd normally pick Qatar Airways for the BA tier points, despite the layover in Doha, but I'm so done with BA now, so have gone for a direct flight from LHR with Oman Air, direct.

15. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Warning Rant Ahead

The bloody diabetes nurse. apparently, I'm doing everything wrong she basically just sat there and sprouted the desmonds material at me verbatim. she answered none of the questions I needed answered, and yeah just fuming even after the fact that the appointment was this morning.

all I wanted to know is how my diabetes is going to effect my healing time after my surgery at the end of March. (everyone's saying it's going to effect it but no one seems able to tell me how)

but yeah apparently my weights gone, up and my Bmi has gone up but everything else including my blood pressure has gone down. this despite the fact that I've lost 3 stone over the past 12 months, and am starting to replace fat with muscle but no, my exercise and weight aren't good enough.

then she started in on my diet apparently I HAVE to eat Carbs, I pointed out that there's no RDA for Carbs and I was on the LCHF diet (Low Carbs High Fat). according to her I have to, eat Carbs as they are where we get out energy from. To say after leaving I was fuming was an understatement if I had been doing something wrong I could understand it but being talked to like I'm a five year old when I'm 45 is something thats just not on.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yesterday the UK parliament voted by a majority not to guarantee my residential rights. After living here for 25 years, as a tax paying NHS professional, apparently I'm just a bargaining chip.

17. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'm going to rant because I need to get it off my chest. Read it or not, I'm putting out there because I feel pretty awful at the moment.

1. My Father-in-law is being a F****** tool. He had a mental breakdown about 15 years ago, and still uses it as an excuse to do nothing but talk about himself. Everybody tip-toes around him like he's some special little snowflake. He doesn't have medical help and doesn't work because of 'anxiety'. I understand Anxiety, I do, but he has no right to show up at our house every single day, interrupting every little thing we do to complain about literally nothing. I've told him that if he's still got problems, he needs help, help that we can't provide because I run a house for 5 damn people, including one Autistic child.

2.My Grandmother died. I have no feelings about that. I didn't know her very well and I don't connect with my extended family on any real level. I'm very different from them,. and we don't generally have much to talk about. My mother wants a bleeding heart and I've got no f***s to give. I've never been the bleeding heart type and she knows that. Maybe if she spent my childhood actually paying me some attention instead of my golden boy brother, then perhaps I would've grown up slightly more Empathetic.

3. Me and my wife never have sex. It might not be the biggest deal in the world, but it bothers me a lot. We're not even 30 yet and we have literally no physical contact. We haven't done it once since the start of this year. She doesn't do foreplay of any kind, and there is no real contact. It's basically all or nothing, and at the moment it's nothing at all. I have a pretty high libido, it feels as though it's killing me. Pretty petty yes, but it pisses me off.

4. My Brother who I hate contacted me for some inexplicable reason. Something about my Grandmother's funeral, am I alright blah blah. Sorry, I don't care. He called me so I could put his mind at ease that he wasn't the only whiny little prat, but I disappointed him. I said I was fine, and I wasn't going to do anything about it.

5. Our Car we only got a month ago to replace another crappy car is already playing up. I know bugger all about cars, so there ya go. Every mechanic we've had turned out to be a wazzock or a con-artist. Guess I'd better teach myself about mechanics if I ever want us to have a decent car.

6. My Oldest daughter's teacher has had a go at me for teaching her the "Facts of life" and that I have to stop teaching her things that are 'too advanced' for her age. Well sorry she's got probably got a 50% higher IQ than every other student, but their education isn't cutting it - and I won't make enough in my lifetime to send her to a expensive school for gifted children. So Sorry she reads at a High School Level, but I have to teach her something that will actually make her think. Because you know what? If she isn't challenged she lashes out like a bitch.

Last edited: 9 Feb 2017
  18. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Look into your soul, Nexxo. you know it's true. Canada beckons you.

19. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

:waah:A good friend of mine passed away today... from the same disease that took my husband and soulmate from me over four years ago....just sad....

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

This had me in tears. May I be the first to wish you bon voyage.