1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I dream of those upload speeds! Mines I could get a guaranteed 16Mbs DL if I pay for a fibre upgrade

[​IMG]

Also, glass nose syndrome today both side on an off all day.

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Heart crushing stress levels, utterly miserable living with the in-laws with constant feuding and general nastiness. Our marriage is hanging by a thread with constant fighting and pulling in totally different ways (and dont get me started about my job).

I cant think straight or focus, my mind is fogging up, I feel trapped in a life I cant change or escape, even if I found the strength to leave It would make things even worse. I am only here for my girls and nothing else.

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I have an interview later today. It's the first interview I've done outside my current company for over 10 years. There are two aptitude tests and the actual interview itself.

Trying not to totally brick it, but I'm so desperate to get away from my current company that I can't help but feel the nerves kick in. I'm usually OK with interviews, but it's been a very long time since I had an external interview... I guess I should at least be thankful that they liked my CV enough to skip the telephone interview stage.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Hey good luck to you, you'll be fine.

5. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

I think I've figured out why I've been sweating uncomfortably for the last few days - withdrawal symptoms from the skeletal muscle relaxant I was prescribed. I had some discomfort last night, popped a pill for the first time in a few days and the sweating stopped almost instantly. Now I'm jonesing like a junkie again. :worried:

6. legoman

OK so bit of a first world issue but, new PC, stock cooler is very loud so got a bracket to mount an AIO I had lurking. Fitted and its noisy, more so than the stock cooler so gave it a shake incase it was an air lock, nope so back on with the stock cooler, I actually have a brilliant cooler but the thing wont mount due to the graphics card getting in the way so ive had to order another cooler that to fit. Faff!

Plus im having daily nosebleeds from both nostrils which is great fun, just waiting for me to sneeze at work an re decorate.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I recently had a operation on my nasal passages and spray painted the bed linen and the privacy blinds round the bed after an almighty sneeze. But boy did it clear my nose.

8. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

My Youngest daughter has Hypermobility. My Wife has it as well, mostly in her knee and hip joints. We realised it was a problem when we took a walk and she complained the whole time that she was tired, like half way up the road she was already tired. It's a common problem, so I need to hear back from the GP now.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

The Typhoon (my highest specced PC). Jesus, sitting next to this thing is actually bloody scary. I hope I can still make babies :S

Thank god I just bought some noise cancelling headphones.

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Same for my wife. She's a dancer/choreographer, been doing it since she could walk, so while she's flexible, she also has all kinds of knee/hip/feet problems... The latest of which is plantar fasciitis - not handy when you're halfway through a Masters!

I have the opposite problem, super stable joints, but golem-like flexibility (damn you socks!).

11. legoman

Sneezing fits are both amusing and truly frightening things when you have nosebleeds.

I think its old age, I used to run a pair of 80mm deltas back in the day, now even a little fan noise annoys me, set the motherboard fan profile to silent, works great except the pumps got one speed.

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

memory issues, i change the damn window tab and can't remember what i was doing!

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Dead memory controller channel on this 4670k. Ordered a 4690k to replace it. Great system, can't use it because bad CPU. That and I need windows. We'll see what I can locate in the desk of doom.

14. Vault-Tec

I used to have it closer to me right up next to my right ear. Can't believe it tbh.

My first water cooled PC started out as a joke. Then I did another one and just can't believe how quiet it is. I turned on my main rig and thought "bloody hell I don't remember it being that loud !".

Still, it's a pretty powerful rig and it never gets noisier thank god. All of the fans are set at the speed they are at and even when things warm up it still comes out good.

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The state of the inside of my PC...

The 'joys' of living with someone who smokes...

...dread to the what state the 'rents one is in... I daren't look...

16. Vault-Tec

Oh look it's raining again. Oh joy of joys.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My wife used to smoke before she moved over here and I remember visiting one time and her asking why her laptop was running hot. I opened it up (much to the concern of her mum who thought such things were works of magic and nobody could possibly understand them) and the heat sink was all but clogged with tar encrusted filth.

I had to take the whole thing out and use oven cleaner on it, nothing else was shifting the oily buildup.

The laptop worked like a dream afterwards though, so much more quiet and cool. Her mum still never trusted me to open up a PC...

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

As an ex heavy smoker I can attest to the thick nicotine that is such a bugger to remove. This I found out when I completely redecorated my house and trying to clean the ceilings was a nightmare. Stick took upwards of 6 coats of paint.

19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I just ended up having to leave the oven cleaner on it for a while and hope that it didn't release the heat pipe's internal schmoo.

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I spy another AvE fan :rock: