1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling What's so great?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xosram, 26 Nov 2001.

1. Hi-TEK

Hi-TEK What's a Dremel?

So far I have a rough idea in my head of the parts that I want to see. Simplicity is the key since this is my first watercooled system.

1. The pump and resevior will be all inclusive so its a choice between: Overclock Watercool's 12 volt, 1250 gph-rated Reservoir-Pump combo - $64.95 or maybe the Anodized Pump Liquid container from CPUfx. The only problem with the CPUfx pump combo is while it looks nice it only pumps 145 GPH.

2. Radiator: I'm probably going to go with Danger Den Super Cube with 90 degree 1/2" fittings since I have space to mount it above the PSU in the PC-70. The alternative is to go with the Hwlabs Black Ice which uses a 120mm fan which I can mount on the top portion of the case.

3. Waterblock: Danger Den Maze 2 or Swiftech MCW372-B Waterblock. My preference would be to use a polyblock with a copperbase. Simular to the one that Koovin is using in Project Crystal.

Now I've heard some stories about using Nylon fittings when mounting your waterblock. I believe that they degrade in time and have been known cause problems with the copper core touching the core of the CPU? Let me know what you think of the equipment that I have selected so far.

2. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

I hope your school project goes well. As you have rightly pointed out, it is well possible to build your own. The likes of a vapochill is good for people why don't want to build their own. I have seen peeps who who have gained the same results as a vapochill with minimal of costs. Best luck.

Tags: