1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable What's the diff between all these HTC phones?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 7 Jun 2011.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Incredible, Desire, HD, S, no S - all seem the same. Same CPU, same graphics, same memory, same display res (slightly different sizes around 4 inches). I don't get what the difference is other than price. And then there's a massive upgrade to Sensation w/ dual core 1.2 and qHD res.

I'm currently using a Legend and it feels like I'm stuck in last century. I want a HTC because it's localisation here in Taiwan is fantastic, there's no limit on teathering and HTC Sense is really nice, although I'm open to suggestions of alternatives.

TIA.

2. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Very little to be honest. The incredible S is supposed to be the successor to the Desire HD, having a front facing camera, better battery, android 2.3 as standard and (supposedly) a better speaker. Obviously the .3" difference in screen size is just a personal preference thing, whether you prefer to have a bigger screen or higher pixel density.

For what it's worth, I've been using a Desire HD for the last 6 months or so and I think it is excellent. I've rooted it and put a custom ROM on it to improve speed and battery life (It is now OC'd and UV'd without batting an eyelid) and I've put a different launcher in place of sense because it is more customisable (though I do miss some of the HTC widgets).

[​IMG]

3. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

Have you seen the new sensation? I had q kook at it in the vodaphone shop and it looks like a big update over HTCs older phones.

Having said that, I still think my Samsung galaxy s 2 is so much better. Its screen is simply amazing!

4. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

The incredible s is also a damn good phone to me the best of the htc phones, that will be personnel preference making that choice

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea but the price difference even just in TW is heavvvyyyy. dual-core tax. I don't really want an A8 single core - I got bitten buying a Legend when the A8s just launched.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

The Desire (1) has one annoying feature - a tiny internal memory, which fills up very quickly. The Desire HD solved this - I think it has 1.5GB.

The Sensation is HTCs next 'big thing' - but frankly, I'd get the Samsung Galaxy 2 every time, my friend has one and its aaaamazing.

7. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Amen to the tiny internal memory. It is the one annoying thing about my original Desire, and the reason I rooted it so I could delete the HTC Sense UI and all the other crap that was taking up space.

8. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

I have the desire HD. Its a cracking phone. Don't bother with what android version it come as standard as you will want to get it rooted and a custom ROM on it. HTC sense is naff get rid of it asap very sluggish.

The standard desire is a good phone as well shouldn't be too pricey now on contract or paying for the handset.

9. derpooch

derpooch What's a Dremel?

Desire HD and S both have the same processor, but the regular desire and incredible have the older version with the slower Adreno 200 graphics (as opposed to the 205)
    I|t is also worth looking at which models will be upgraded to the newest versions of Android and the battery life that each model has, since the original desire had a rather dire battery life.

10. shah

shah Minimodder

Just did a quick search on these. I am currently using Desire HD. It is a good phone i like it but it is quite heavy and battery life is only 1 day!
    I would go for a Samsung Galaxy S2 as it ticks all the boxes. Also it is only 110grams!!!!

11. will_123

will_123 Small childs brain in a big body

Android isn't well known for its battery life. If you use your smart phone regularly throughout the day listening to music, using apps, wifi etc then you wont get any more than a day out of the battery. I have had both iOS and android an they both chew through battery if you use all the features. simples.

12. shah

shah Minimodder

Fair point and agree. Galaxy S2 has a bigger battery (1650mAh) than Desire series phones (1450mAh), faster processor, slimmer and much lighter. :thumb:

13. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

The S versions are newer. The Incredible S is supposed to be the flagship single core phone, with the Desire being "mainstream". The Sensation is the successor to the Desire HD in my opinion. I think the main difference is the screen size - quality wise I'm sure they're all excellent (since I've never had issues with build quality of anything HTC made - including iPaq models they built back in the early 2000's for HP).
    Build wise, the Desire S is the successor to the Legend as it is machined out of a single slab of aluminium, and would be my choice (tho, I'm not a fan of the insanely big phones everyone's coming out these days)
    I'd suggest you go to a shop and fondle them all as indecently as you wish, and go for which ever size works best for you.