1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases What's the maximum size Mobo a NZXT H440 NE can take?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tiger-moth, 15 Mar 2016.

1. tiger-moth

tiger-moth What's a Dremel?

I know the H440 is meant to be an ATX case but a lot of ATX cases will take an E-ATX mobo up to a certain size.
    My Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5p is 26.4cm wide - this is not much wider than a standard ATX board.
    Does anyone know if this will fit in an H440 case?

I don't mind if it covers the rubber grommets a bit - it's the raised section of the mobo where the grommets are which concerns me.

Does anyone have one of these cases (or has reviewed one) and how much clearance is there beyond ATX size?

Thanks

2. XeoroxBoy

XeoroxBoy What's a Dremel?

I've got this case, you could fit a eatx board in but you would loose the angled rubber grommets but there's still plenty of space by the hard drive racks for wiring. It would be tight but doable.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited: 17 Mar 2016
  3. tiger-moth

Thanks.

Looking at pics of the case it looks like the metal of the mobo tray is raised and angled at the rubber grommets.
    Is this the case (no pun intended) or is the mobo tray flat and only the grommets angled?
    I can live without the grommets.
    Cheers

4. XeoroxBoy

The tray is flat and it angles at the start of the rubber grommets. The angle isn't massive which is why I think the eatx board will fit.

5. XeoroxBoy

Just looked again and I think the rubber for the grommets would need to come out. Or just cut the angled section out and it will fit regardless.

6. tiger-moth

Having googled it further and looked at completed builds, it seems the most is that the rubber grommets would have to come out.
    Mine might fit in without doing that.