1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Whats the wierdest tool you've used to mod a PC?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by KelticFox, 7 Apr 2005.

1. barit

barit What's a Dremel?

a power supply wielded by the atx plug to smash off a side panel which was glued on. It didnt work but it was damn fun and I would reccomend it to anyone in a fit of rage.

2. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i had a 120mm fan mounted in my top 3 drive bays with 2 wire bread ties and a little bit of adhesive putty (like blutac but not blue) - now it's got 2 black zip ties (not zipped though)

3. Malvolio

Malvolio .

A paper-clip, two platter spacers from a broken hard drive, a rubber band, and a chicken.

Incidently, those are the same four things required to build a time machine...

I won't go into that though.

You've heard too much.

:worried:

4. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

Well from looking at your 'tools', I could at least make a chicken launcher :D

This is from the man that once made a homemade napalm-thrower out of a certain large capacity water pistol.

Note: Wearing a large tank of flammable liquid on your back, and squirting it out of plastic gun is NOT a good idea!!!

Last edited: 12 Apr 2005
  5. ridiculous

ridiculous What's a Dremel?

a space heater and a steam cleaner

6. willy

willy What's a Dremel?

a hear dryer -to get the white paint off my pc's side panel, but it didn't work. and else a steel sponge een slijpschijf, don't know what that is in english a thing with a very fast rotating disk, and when you put it on iron it makes like fireflies...
    willy

7. scifi3018

scifi3018 Minimodder

steel sponge een slijpschijf = grinding wheel?

the best i have used to "mod" a PC component was a Car (92 Caddy Devile (its mine (im a pimp)))
    I went "office space" on a printer i found in the dumpster (dont ask) and after throwing it from the top of the dumpster, jumping down, repeatedly drop kicking it, and whatnot, i ran over it... a few times. No evidence remained. so i "modded" the printr into a pile of scrap

8. BioToxiC

BioToxiC What's a Dremel?

I once used a butter knife and half a brick to take a Honda C90 engine apart.....had no tools at the time

It never worked again...... :wallbash:

9. japa

japa What's a Dremel?

Newbe alert!

Have used forklift tynes and coil spring compressors as clamps. Also used a oil filter spanner to hold a fan over the CPU like the Zalman fan extender.

:D

10. Emon

Emon What's a Dremel?

I don't use anything odd aside from my invented rigs and jigs to do things that no other tool can do or because I don't have the proper tool around. For the most part though, I DO have the tools to do just about anything, so I rarely need to use a brick etc.

11. phantomxc

phantomxc What's a Dremel?

i used a pressure cleaner, great for cleaning out old cases that have dead creatures and dust mounds in it. Dont have to touch a thing. :naughty:

12. 25188201

25188201 What's a Dremel?

A tyre leaver is probalyu the strangest tool i'vr used, to keep my mobo in place whilst i fitted the GFX/Sound cards (some of the lay off screws are missing so the mobo was bending an not letting the card slot in place)

13. Ronin

Ronin What's a Dremel?

Toe nail clippers to cut some unwanted plastic