1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Whats wrong with old people?!? GRR!

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 31 Aug 2003.

1. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

<rant>

I was stuck behind an old fogey today in a clapped out Datsun, the guy was driving at 15 to 20mph and I had to patiently put-put behind him for a few miles (not good for engine temps) anyway, finally a strip of road where i can overtake. So I do the right thing, drop back a bit, indicate accelerate and begin to pass him... (the old fart definately knew I was coming) so what does he do? He starts drifting into the middle of the road! What's worse, is last minute I spotted a rock on the side of the road (my side) about a foot from the hedge on the side so I had to swerve, I'm not kidding, I came within about an inch of his crappy datsun.

I swear... If i see the guy on the road again I'm going to nudge the **** into a ditch.

<rant over>

2. -Rx-

-Rx- New Member

[​IMG]

I think its the "ive been driving for 20 million years and know best" hence no one should be driving faster than him

Bastid!!

I hang my hand over the horn when overtaking now, ever since some one did the same thing to me..... only it was a 7.5 tonne Iveco truck, and i side swiped me as i was going past about 40mph faster than he was going...

[​IMG]

Why cant people just let you past!! Its none of their buisness if you want to go faster!

3. -Rx-

-Rx- New Member

BTW, i should also note ive gone down the inside of soomeone that did that to me...... as i had built up alot more speed than they had.... and the pulled into the right hand lane, i floored it past the bu&&er on the left...

As i say, its much better to let people drive at their own speed in front of you rather than holding them up.... and the highway code says that too!

4. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

I used to live in BFE (If you have to ask, it means Butt-F******-Egypt, but is really just the middle of nowhere wilderness) Anyways, I was driving along, minding my own business on a VERY long Very straight section of highway, doing about 85. This guy in a beat up brown pickup truck with more rust than steel gets up on my ass and tailgates me for a while... finally he passes and gets in front of me and slows down to like 40, and starts swerving... Finally I decide "I know I can leave him in the dust, and get out of here" so I back off a bit, and accelerate to pass him... I got up to about 90 beside him and he swerves over, all the way across the road, forcing me into the ditch, where I still drove happily at 90+mph, and still passed him. None the less, He was just out to kill me, or at least crash me. What a jerk.

5. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

I've stated this before and I'll state it here... I think that drivers licenses should fully expire every 10 years. Not like they do now where you pay a fee to get a new one, everyone should have to take their drivers test over again. If you pass, you get a new license, if you fail, you get a restricted one untill you pass.

Think about it, if you're 60 years old and have been driving for 40ish years, laws have changed and new laws have been enacted. Hell, I'm only 35 and many laws have changed and a few have been added!

This isn't directed at older people, I fully believe that many younger people need "refresher" courses.

6. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

In Michigan, you have to take the test every 10 years anyways, so it doesn't really help at all..

7. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

But that'd mean scratching your car :hehe: :grr:

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

where i am in florida, there are LOTS of one way roads, including a 2 bridges that are about 3 miles long, one in each direction

it is almost garaunteed that every weeh there will be someone going the wrong way, always somone 70+

there was a woman going it the wrong direction that was coming head on at me about a week ago, so i managed to get into the the other lane but not after flashing (the headlights) at her and bleeping a few times

she gave me the finger

grr old pople

9. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Wonder why NYS doesn't do that too. Probably those jerks in NYC holding it up or something.

10. RaptorLord

RaptorLord New Member

That's not 100% accurate about Michigan - you only have to take a _written_ test every 8 years.... I haven't had to take a road test since I was 15... (yes, I've renewed _several_ times)

11. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Ah, okay. Just the written part. I'm talking about the WHOLE sh'bang. Written AND road test. Problem I forsee is that the DMV workers would actually have to work and be efficient to be able to pull something like that off. Will never happen :wallbash:

Tags: