1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's your bucket list?

Discussion in 'General' started by ComputerKing, 11 Mar 2009.

1. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Have a big, big-ass party.

2. Thatguy119

Thatguy119 Minimodder

My grandma is dying, I know that, less than 6 months to live, she spends 9/10 of her day in one chair, with hardly anybody to talk to, it would have been better for her to die happy and moving around, in sound mind in my opinion. All she has to look foward to is family visits, then dreads them ending.

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

A lot of what someone WOULD do is often times measured by what one CAN do. A lot of cancers and diseases are very debilitating. The medications and the need for Drs and often frequent trips to hospitals can be demoralizing.

I think instead of wild weekends and ski trips that to someone terminally ill just the personal visit would bring a little brightness back into a life.

The psychology of someone with a terminal illness is often very different than that of the healthy.

john

4. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

I think if I was dying I would be tempted just to stay in school and tell no-one, but I'd get fed up with waiting around to die without ever having really seen anything of the world - at least I think I would quit school and move to the city

5. iggy

iggy Minimodder

re-enact fight club and kill nexxo.

6. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

7. andatche

andatche What's a Dremel?

8. Go4t

Go4t i

9. MrBadidea

MrBadidea What's a Dremel?

QFT.

10. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Nexxo just fails to realize that deep within the "Members: 35,527" there might be some people who actually have been or are in this situation.

You guys fight club Nexxo - I'll try to help CK

john

11. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Sorry to hear about your friend CK :thumb:

But to be fair CK, i guess you could have given a little more detail in your original post, which would have made it really clear that this was indeed a very serious topic, not just some lighthearted discussion. So we can't blame a few guys for taking it the wrong way originally i guess.

+1 for make a list with him, of everything he wants to do, and tick off as many as possible!

12. andatche

andatche What's a Dremel?

Nexxo just fails to realize his head has become lodged too far up his own jenk! :dremel:

13. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

QFT.

14. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

:eyebrow:

*waits patiently for the mother of all come back posts from Nexxo*

15. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

not sure wiki has anything on that... unless he copy+pastes something blindly, like I've heard from others... :worried:

16. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

I think (after I was sure my affairs were all in order) that I would rent a big sailboat from somewhere on the East coast of the US, stock it as well as I could, and try to make it to Europe. If I pass away during the trip, then it will have been in a peaceful place. If I make it, then I have an amazing story to tell and one more thing off my list.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend CK, I hope the rest of his time with us goes well.

17. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Perhaps Nexxo just spends most of his working hours (as a Cancer Psychologist) talking to people who are very much in that situation, every ****ing day. Perhaps Nexxo also remembers this thread only too well. Perhaps Nexxo got a bit annoyed with the flippancy to what Nexxo did not fail to consider might well be a serious question by CK.

Last edited: 13 Mar 2009
  18. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I'd take out a big loan. Fly to Germany. Start in Munich and work my way to Berlin. During this adventure, I'd drink lots of beer, do drugs, have wild sex (free or paid) and steal various sports car. After Germany (If I don't get killed or arrested), I'd head to the UK. Repeat the above while adding me taking a crap on the steps of Old Trafford. I'd continue on to various countries doing the same until I'm broke, dead or in jail.

Basicly, I want to visit all of Europe before I die. This includes midfield seats near the pitch so I can watch some football at different clubs and host country.

Last edited: 13 Mar 2009
  19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

surprised your not band yet.

To the original question, i think its impossible for me too decide until i am in such a situation, i know i would want to be with my partner and family, and close friends.

A celebraition as well, then i would go for a drive to never return. I personally dont think its fair on close ones to suffer the pain as a loved one slips away, i can only think of it as a bad memory too hold.

20. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Well, those responses kind of prove my point. :p