1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's your instrument?

Discussion in 'General' started by Been, 11 Jul 2005.

1. Been

Been What's a Dremel?

hey do any of you guys play in a band or maybe even play along just for fun.

if so what's your instrument and inspiration.

2. I play the electric guitar, I'm a n00b at the moment but I'm trying really hard to learn.

Inspirations are: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rage Against The Machine, Carlos Santana, Tomo Fujita and a few more

3. Been

Been What's a Dremel?

cool. myself i'm not a fan of the RHCP.

i can play the guitar and bass. i have an exam tomorrow actually i will tell you how i do tomorrow.

i have 5 guitars, my two favourites being my gibson SG and my fender strat

i'm in a band as well. we just played a gig at the weekend and it went really well. i'm sure you'll do great with the guitar.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Pics! I'm learning the guitar atm, so still a n00b. :)

5. Been

Been What's a Dremel?

right this is my vintage ibanez bass.

[​IMG]

these are my first 2 guitars i started on always kept them :)

[​IMG]

now we have my strat which is a great guitar and i love the finish

[​IMG]

the following are of my ibanez another one of my favourites.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The great floating bridge on my ibanez

[​IMG]

This is my favourite number 1 guitar. always my choice to gig. :rock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Guitar been playing for about 10 years which considering im only 19 isnt at all bad! Passed my grades, and i've got a peavy T-60 heavy as hell but very nice to play, a strat (man I hate strats) and an Ibanez RG-1527 7-string for my DT covers :rock:

7. Been

Been What's a Dremel?

i'm doing overture 1928 tomorrow which should be fun.

8. calnen

calnen moo!!

I play drums. Not so much recently but I've got a band together at Uni so will hopefully play more come october :)

9. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I play drums in a band that plays grunge/metal. I also play bass, and am saving up for a new guitar. I want an ESP Viper

10. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

Played guitar for about 8 years... currently setting up a band at Bham Uni, custom build my guitars, as nothings worse than spending £500+ on a decal on the headstock :D...

Have Les paul shaped 1 piece with custom everything (switched coil tapping on both PU's) custom black anodised strings/tuners/bridge/tailpiece (brass), uprated the crappy wiring with thick speaker cable.

Other guitar is a shine 510TR with F-hole (think PRS for £300) with seymour duncans in the process of been added

My main forte is effects pedals, own about 12 (owned about 30 in all over last 4 years or so) main favourites are my 70's DOD stereo Chorus, my RV-3 boss delay/reverb, DD-5 delay and mmmm the crazyness off the DOD envelope filter.

All this goes into a Marshall 70's solidstate (sorry to say, but there first attempt at solid state so pretty meatly) 100watt head, which then goes into a homebuilt 4x12" cab with 2x Celestion silver series and 2x McKenzie 100watters in a 2xparrallel into 2 serial loop format...

- M@

11. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

I play the fool.

Seriously though I used to play the trumpet when I was younger - only learned for about 2 years.

I have also "played" a 105mm Hammil (Howitzer - artillery gun) in the 1812 overture at my unit's 50th aniversiary commemorative parade when I was in the army.

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Those are some sweet guitars Been. M@, where do you get your guitar parts from? Is there a UK place that do guitar bodies/necks custom? I've been looking at custom guitars, but all the realistic stuff i've found is US.

Oh, and BTW M@, which Seymoure Duncans are you using?

13. Theo

Theo What's a Dremel?

Used to play the guitar a lot, but I've moved onto singing a lot more nowadays. Butchered up an epiphone les paul a few years ago. Stripped the paint, hollowed it out, threw an 81 on the bridge. Worked quite well for a guitar that was originally poo.

Used to be in a grind band that took a drastic change in direction, so ended up leaving not so long after. Always fancied being in another band, but there is little to no scene here in Bolton. Hardcore scene - none existant. Grind scene - no one has heard of grind. Jazz scene - a bunch of idiot club singers who know about as much about jazz as Jamie Cullom.

Always keeping an eye out though!

14. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Yeah nice and easy sounds good too, never covered it though! Have fun tomorrow :thumb:

15. I want your SG Been, I love it

16. Noot

Noot What's a Dremel?

I have an acoustic- Takamine. I pick it up every once in a while, but nothing too great ever comes out of it...

17. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

:search:
    There's another thread like this one. ;)

18. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

Ebay for almost everything really

I use a Seymour Duncan Invader at the bridge, and a Lace Sensor Drop and Gain HB at the Neck, mostly get all my parts from america, the necks/bodies I just scab off other guitars.

Looking to build a see through lucite guitar next, just the body from america is about £90 though :(

- M@

19. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

20. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

I been playing bass for about 2 years. Play in a band with Been :) Current setup:

[​IMG]

Inspiration: Flea, Les Claypool, Jaco Pastorius, Stu Hamm and the likes :rock: