1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your Top 5 Mp3's?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mayze, 17 Feb 2002.

1. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

anybody like Alkaline Trio? my mates recently been telling me about him and wants me to go to there concert with him, i heard some of there stuff, its pretty good, just wondered if the other punky people liked them?

2. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

oo me me me ViViD, go check my playlist on page 2 near the bottom, i have every song they have done :) it would be well worth going to see them mate :D

3. Lag Messiah

Lag Messiah What's a Dremel?

YES!!! Go if you know what's good for you, it'll be a great show I'm sure.

4. six degrees

six degrees What's a Dremel?

Fine then, I'll bad mouth POD and Creed ;). What I really meant was that these bands sorta fall into their own category (basically what I call anything I don't like) of "pansy-rock/punk skank". Which doesn't mean that I hate punk, I am quite partial to a bit of Blink182 and Green Day (if you can call Green Day punk, I've never been too clear about all the different genres ever since the epic "how many different types of metal can you name" at school :cool: )

5. K

K 528491

Sweet coincidence jumps in and my playlist hits one of my Trio songs... Errr, YES!! They're absolutely AWESOME. Still missin a couple of their albums though, the Trio / Hot Water Music Split EP is fantastic if ya can find it too.

Anyone wanna go see Bad Religion at the Birmingham Academy in May?? :D :D :D

...yeah I know ya would Laggy but eh, if you can get here :p

6. LoopyJuice

LoopyJuice Astronomical

lol me me me kaneda i wanna go! altho my g/f would kill to go too ;) :rolleyes:

7. K

K 528491

I'll probably be going renegade style or with my friend Jo (she's nuts for concerts).

I'll be the dude in the Akira T-Shirt or a white shirt and Tie :D

8. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

what green day not punk! well i know they dont seem like it much any more, but they are as far as im concerned, plus there my all time favorite band :D G|2ee|\| D4y Ro><oR!

oh and i think its a certainty now to going to see Alkaline Trio :D

9. K

K 528491

Sweet, where is at? I need to get me some tickets :p

If you only ever listen to two Alkaline Trio songs that are new, make it Stupid Kid and Private Eye, I mean, they used em as singles and rightly so, they're just awesome songs... :)

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Hey K! Do you not think that Alk Trio sound kinda whiney? Maybe it's just me.....

P.O.D? Hmmmm they sound like Papa Roach's geeky little brother. And I HATE Papa Smurf... I mean Roach. I saw Nickleback on MTV yesterday and I physically recoiled from the teevee screen. That dude looks like the singer from Paradise Lost after a hard, hard life. His face looks very well lived in indeed.

11. K

K 528491

Mooooooky!!! Heya! :D :D

Nope, I listen to the lyrics hard when I listen to Alkaline Trio, they've got some lyrical genius going on in their stuff I swear... Private Eye is one of the best written songs I've ever heard. Whiney to me is Staind or Muse really, so maybe we're not comin from the same place man :)

12. Lag Messiah

A whiney emo band?? No way?!? ;) I at least think they write lyrics like an emo band even if you wanna argue the music isn't. The lyrics to Private Eye are sooooo awesome :D

Last edited: 23 Feb 2002
  13. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Noooooooooooo!!!! Whiney as in the noise the singer makes! Like high pitched and irritating? Staind just suck and as for Muse.... Alk Trio are OK, but the singers voice just grates. Those dumbasses from RinkyDink182 and NewFoundGlory have the same effect on me.

By the way, is it me or do SUM41 have the most annoying bassplayer in the world? he has one of those faces that makes your fist want to attach itself to the bridge of his nose at high velocity.

By the way, RXBandits - Progress. Buy it. The ONLY good skacore/skapunk/ska/reggaepunk/skunk/skank/hardcore band around (Sublime RIP). Accept no imitations.;)

14. K

K 528491

Far from your view on Whiney then definitely not!! I can name 400 singers more annoying!! I love his voice, 'tis great not grate :p

And what's wrong with Blink, I like em anywho and Lag is a HUGE fan. I don't like NewFoundGlory though..... At all...

That guy from Sum41, the bassist... Yeah he looks thump-able, lol

And you know my opinion on Ska shtuff, the furthest I go with Ska shiznit is Assorted JellyBeans and Against All Authority (Ska Sucks is a great song :p)

15. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

BLINK = BAD

Sorry. That pouting fool on the drums offends me on every mental and moral level possible.

16. Lag Messiah

Granted they are a bunch of pretty boys, but I love Blink and I don't care what anyone says :p

Sublime is one of my FAV bands, RIP Brad indeed :(
    Have you listened to Long Beach Dub All Stars?? I haven't listened to much, but I LOVE Sunny Hours.

17. Mayze

Mayze PH34R my ROBO Squirrel!

I like that video for the new blink song, it's hilarious :) anybody else see it yet?

18. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Disclaimer: Sorry Lag and K

Yeah, the new Blink vid is like a Linkin Park promo. "Ooooh we are soooo deep and emotional when we're not talking about poo and willies!"

And has anyone noticed that Brit band 'A' have morphed into Linkin Park too. They actually look like a bunch of dudes that have been styled on 'Being The Band' and then decided to play faux-Depeche Mode electro just to make sure. 'A' used to be a canny band...

19. Lag Messiah

Yah I don't even watch videos any more...I prefer to just listen to the song. I'll admit I like older Blink better. Dude Ranch beats Take Off Your Pants And Jacket anyday.
    Plus, cut some ppl some slack, just cause you feel they don't act like they care about anything deep doesn't mean they don't... it's not like you'd make fun of a kid telling you a story about how his parents always fought and he had a crappy childhood because of it.

20. K

K 528491

I always thought they had pretty funny videos :)

Nicely put either way Lag :D