1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Wheel Stand Pro, recomend a chair?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Treacles, 5 Nov 2011.

1. Treacles

Treacles Member

I've just bought a wheel stand pro to go with my G27, and realised just how short the actual stand is! Need a chair thats about a foot away from the floor to have it at a realistic height for driving :S

So just wondering if anyone else has this stand, and has managed to find a chair suitable to use it with? Preferably a office chair type thing, although im doubting i'd find one that goes low enough :/

(Didnt know where exactly to put this, but because its "to do with" a G27, thought it would go here ;D)

2. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Hmm that is a tough one, a dining table with cut down legs is probably too upright, maybe look for racing seats on eBay?

3. Treacles

Treacles Member

I've barely got enough room for one chair in my room :( So need to to be an "All in one" solution, so i can use it at my desk and then whack out the stand, decrease the chairs height and use it for that too

4. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

And your office chair won't go low enough?

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Raise the Wheel Stand Pro?

6. Treacles

Treacles Member

The highest it goes is barely a metre tall, and its currently JUST balancing at the highest point, like half an inch higher and the clamp would be hitting nothing...

And, to longweight, I've got quite an old chair atm ;) It's very uncomfortable and there arent many adjustments, which is why i want a new one lol... Just wanted one that was garunteed to work with the stand.

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Raise the base of the Wheel Stand Pro with books or reams of paper.....?