1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays When the house bell rings, the monitor ripples!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by isaac12345, 28 Sep 2015.

1. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

Hi all!

I noticed a few days ago that whenever the bell of my house rings, a quick ripple comes across my monitor! It happens quite often when the bell rings. My house didn't have a ground connection until recently and I got that fixed. I also changed the power strip my laptop, speakers, monitor and 2 routers are connected but it still happens.

Any idea why this may be happening??

2. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

When I had the fuse box replaced in my place I had to ditch my extension sockets for my PC (the extension had its own breaker) as the two wouldn't play nicely together and one would trip the other. The electrician told me this wasn't unusual.

Does the monitor ripple when the lap top is plugged directly into the mains socket without the extension sockets and the door bell rings?

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

At least you know when some one is at the door ;)

4. Digerati

Digerati Minimodder

Does it happen when the notebook is running only on battery? If so, then it is RF interference and not coming through the house wiring.

How does your doorbell work? Many run off a 24VDC transformer, but many run wirelessly.

5. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

Good point! I haven't actually checked that. Will do and get back to you.