1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where can I find the original RRP of a laptop?

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkReaper, 9 Jun 2008.

1. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

So a friend of mine had her laptop hard drive die a month back, and I lent her mine. Unfortunately her house has just been burgled (again...) and my lappy's gone walkies. I'm not that fussed as it was very old and is insured old-for-new for up to £500, but to fill in the claim form I need to say how much it cost back when it was new. And tbh I haven't the foggiest...

Does anyone know where I could find this sort of stuff out? It's a HP Pavilion ze4500, and I've done a google search for that + rrp but couldn't see anything. Can the collective hive-mind of bit-tech help me out?

Cheers :)

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I take it you don't have the original purchase reciept/invoice available? Might be stuck then.

Try looking on eBay for one, they sometimes post the RRP's up. :)

3. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

It was my sister's laptop back in the day, which iirc she might have gotten as a perk of being on some youth organisation's board of directors. So I doubt it but I'll have a look and see, cheers.

No luck on ebay either, although it's kinda funny to see them going for <$100...

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I would just say £500

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Say £500, if they come back asking for evidence you may have to do some research, but its unlikely that they will.

6. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

The Internet Archive, if you're lucky, checking a dealer's site. No good trying Scan, AFAICS they didn't do any HP lappies, but a Sony Vaio PCG-TR5MP Centrino 10.6'', 1.1GHz, 512MB, 40GB HDD, DVD-RW, B/Tooth, 802.11g, Built-in Camera would cost you £1,621.50 from them back in 2004. Laptops have come down a lot, £500 wouldn't buy you one back then.

7. naokaji

naokaji whatever

799$ according to this, that puts it at roughly 500£ with vat.