1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Where can I get a new mounting plate made?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by phuzz, 3 Sep 2012.

1. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Soon I'm planning on upgrading to a Socket 1155 system (probably a i5 3570K, but that's another post).
    Currently I'm cooling my LGA775 with a XSPC Delta V3 water block. Unfortunately, neither mounting plate that comes with the block is large enough to fit on a S1155 motherboard. (75mm vs 72mm)

So, all I need is a piece of metal with a circular hole for the block in the centre, and bolt holes the correct distance apart, which brings me to my question:

Can anyone recommend somewhere that I could get a piece of metal cut to the correct dimensions, ideally in the Bristol area?

I don't think I need anything too special, just 1-2mm mild steel, and only accurate to about +-0.5mm, but with new blocks around the £40 mark, obviously I don't want to spend too much.
    Any ideas?

2. malbluff

malbluff What's a Dremel?

Walker Morris Sheetmetal. Used to use them a lot for made to measure stuff. Just do them a sketch, and dimensions, and they'll do it for you. Used to be down Ashton way, don't know if they still are. I moved a few years ago, but I know they're still about.