1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Where can you get laptop parts for reasonable prices for a scratch build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MageOutlaw, 28 Feb 2011.

1. MageOutlaw

MageOutlaw New Member

Im looking for laptop parts for a custom gaming laptop scratch build. Also iv been looking but I can't seem to find any major laptop mods on this sight can someone post a link or two to some project logs so I can see what other people have done. Thanks.

2. Apophis54

Apophis54 Devils Son

I've seen loads on Ebay.

Teelzebub likes this.
  3. Karas

Karas New Member

Like apophis said ebay but what games do you plan on playing? If its runescape a laptop should be fine but even if you wanna play WoW or CoD A laptop won't cut it at max settings with good frame rate. I suggest you build a desktop laptops can't hold big processors harddrives graphics cards ect. alienwares sometimes have decent laptops but there big, bulky and way overpriced. But try ebay and good luck with you're build.

4. coffee_shop_gamer

coffee_shop_gamer New Member

I think the idea is cool and all but for the amount of money would speed on GOOD laptop parts you would end up spending a ton more then if you where to just go out and buy one that was pre-made.

5. coffee_shop_gamer

coffee_shop_gamer New Member

For as much as it would cost you to build a custom laptop you could buy like 3 top of the line laptops.