1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do you draw the line on a bux or a hens night?

Discussion in 'General' started by mvagusta, 28 Sep 2008.

1. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

I don't think there are different rules just because it's a stag night. If your fiancé mids you getting blown by strippers normally then I'd assume she's going to mind if you do it on your stag do. I'd draw the line exactly where you usually would on a night out.

2. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't do anything I wouldn't do on an ordinary night out. would much prefer to go along the lines of paintball with friends, clay pigeon shooting, buggy racing etc, with some drinks in the evening.

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Strippers is the limit.

4. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

Yeah, how about that. In my mind, sex is for me and my (soon to be) husband. Getting with another woman (even 'just' watching a stripper) is cheating on me. Hell yeah, I'm threatened by that. Why guys think it's 'just sex' and somehow not meaningful... I don't know. I don't get it. Maybe I'm just old fashioned like that.

5. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I think the biggest thing that people have brought up is talking about limits acceptable to your betrothed. Strippers for either gender are somewhat traditional for a lot of people. I'd be okay with that and have gone to bachelorette (hen) parties before. However, various sex acts is going way too far. I mean... how fair would it be for either partner to bring home some STD just in time for the wedding night. Rude, crude and socially unacceptable... (I'm being restrained here) and no, they're not all stopped by condoms.

6. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

This bux night kinda shocked me, sorta like those nude weddings you see happen :confused: Not that i think swingers make sense either, it's like they both know the other is cheating, and the're both ok with it :confused: It's basically being an openly single sleazy "player", and pretending to be married :wallbash:

7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Boundries between partners should be just that, between partners. It's not my place, or anyone elses to judge the boundtries others set. As long as both partners agree and there is no deception, I don't think it's anyone's business but theirs.

8. mvagusta

There is a part which is our business, they are contributing to the corruption in our world. As long as they keep it behind closed doors and not in my face however, i'm not gonna do anything about it.

9. Cthippo

One person's corruption is another person's liberation. If it makes them feel good and it isn't directly hurting anyone else, then what gives me the superior judgement to say they're wrong? To quote the bible (something i don't do very often despite the fact that it does have some good parts) "Judge not, lest ye be judged" :nono:

10. mvagusta

Ok, cheating partner = bad, swinger = ok, so i guess nude weddings are another example of approved behaviour :confused:

What about a guy pimping out his girfriends? No-one is getting hurt, the girls aren't complaining but smiling, they are all aware of what is going on, no secrets, they enjoy the money & protection thier man is providing for them, and the customers are smiling aswell. So this is ok too?

11. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

bit out of the ordinary but for my brothers stag party thing, me and my brother and a bunch of his mates went climbing in the peaks, beer, currys and spending all day climbing was a wicked weekend tbh much more fun then getting pissed and paying excess amounts of money for bitches to strip.

12. Cthippo

If it's consensual and not coercive or abusive, why not?

Consider professional prostitutes in places where it is legal, including parts of the US and Europe. Do you think they are all unmarried?

13. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

+1 :thumb:

14. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Cheating is of course bad, but going to a strip club, consensually, is clearly not cheating. Cheating involves decpetion.

Strip joints are normally hands off (in this country anyway, Bratislava is another matter :worried:). If you touch then you get chucked out. I would certainly not put it in the same league as getting a BJ or giving a HJ. And in my mind it certainly isn't cheating. If a pretty girl walks down the street I'll know I'd look and I'm sure that I wouldn't be the only one ;)

Traditionally I'd say that strip joint is 'normal' but as it's been said, it's really what people feel comfortable with.

15. mvagusta

I'd argue that even going to a strip club is cheating against at least some of the promises married people made when they said thier vows, and as for boyfriend & girlfriend relationships, aren't similar promises made, or is it just me?

Just because someone isn't wearing a ring, doesn't mean thier word is not to be taken seriously. What person can honesty happily say that thier partner likes going to strip clubs?

I can't believe anyone could happily say that they "have a brothel at the end of thier street where half the staff are married with kids, and the girls of the neighbourhood are being pimped out every night, so come on down to my area for some fun!"

There are plenty of bad things going on in our world, but i'm not gonna pretend i like them.

16. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

should have told my dad, on his wedding to my mum he was still at the bachelor party (mentally) he was not sober in the previous 36-48 before and during the wedding.

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

It's ultimately between you and your partner and what is considered 'off limits'. A brothel/hooker is definitely 'off limits' for me, but if my partner said 'no' to a strip club, then it would also be off limits for a stag night.

18. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i recently had this dicussion with my soon to be

i told her strictly no strippers no 'L' plates and she completely agreed. i couldnt think of anything worse than some dude getting naked and rubbing up against her. she said it would be horrible (besides i have a better body than the strippers anyway - she says) as for the 'L' plates they a clearly very very common. when i see a group of drunk girls falling out of a bar with L plates i cant help but sigh

and on the reverse i have no intention of strippers either. i have been toa fair few strip joints been to amsterdam, my mates have paid for sex, we went to the infamous banana bar (hi valerie if your reading) (if she can read) and i can tell you its not something i'm going to do again i fancy paint ball maybe followed by a poker night or something

Last edited: 1 Oct 2008
  19. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

This is what?

20. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

The awful trend for Girls to wear Car driving Learner plates signifying they are learners when it comes to marriage. It was funny maybe to start but it just becomes cheap. Not to mention some of the other things they wear

Last edited: 1 Oct 2008