1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Where in the case to place the radiator

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by adidas, 1 Dec 2005.

1. adidas

adidas What's a Dremel?

Hi - I'm planning to get a watercooling setup for my akasa eclipse 62 case. Standard stuff, but I'm wondering where I'm supposed to place the radiator, considering the following:

1) It's bloody hot in my case, and I can't imagine blowing hot air on the radiator would have the same cooling effect as blowing cool air.

2) There's no room, well, there are 2 single 120mm fans (intake/exhaust) that i don't particulary want to do without... - but certainly not enough space for a dual rad, let alone triple rad- unless I drill.

So, my question is, would it be OK for me to place the radiator outside, and would it make a difference in terms of cooling efficiency?

TIA for any advice or pointer!

2. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

Depending on how much of your system you want to watercool, you could get away with just a single 120 rad, in which case the easiest option would be to attach it to the back 120mm fan mount.
    If your asking whether you can have an ntirely seperate radiator, the answer is Yes! Definitely, it'll probably work a little better than if it was part of your case (none of those hot components getting in the way). Try to keep the tubing as short as possible tho, the longer they are, the lower your flow rate will be.

3. adidas

adidas What's a Dremel?

I see. I'm planning to watercool the GPU (overclocked x800), CPU (overclocked p4 3ghz) and northbridge (passive cooling=not good enough).

So I'm looking at an external double or triple rad then... anyone got pix of such a setup? I'm concerned as to how I should mount it (probably top of the case).

Cheers!

4. The_Dude2040

The_Dude2040 What's a Dremel?

if you have a look at swiftech kit i think it is. they use a rad box thing so you can fit a duel 120 rad onto a regular 120mm fan mount. it;s a externaly rad but the rest is internal. i'll just have a look were i saw it.

right the kit's call a Swiftech H20-Apex. a Dangerden D5 pump, storm cpu block and a danger den plastic res.....er....the white one.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

ozstriker put a BIX3 on top of his Akasa Eclipse. His impressive mod isn't on the forums at the moment, but if you ask him, he may be able to e-mail you some pics.

Tags: