1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Where is my sound gone? (ASUS P6T Deluxe V2)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by SmutjeUK, 5 Oct 2009.

1. SmutjeUK

SmutjeUK New Member

Hi all, just got a slight nagging problem. I got a Logitech 2.1 speaker system that is working fine (when I connect it to any other computer) but when I connect it to my new rig running XP Pro 32bit the auto feature sees that I plug them in (lime green connector for stereo speakers) and I get the test signal through fine. But when I try to get any other sound ...........silence.
    Everything is fine all drivers are installed and I have no conflict. For some reason I can get the test sound and it also moves from left to right but when I want any sound (mp3 wmv etc) there is nothing coming out. I have not muted the speakers, I do not get any sound when I connect headphones and it does not matter if I want to hear windows default sounds or view a movie or listen to some music and no matter what player I use there is only silence. Then again checking in the Sound Max control panel and test the speakers there is the sound noise with no problems.
    Anyone got an idea on that
    Is there a setting in the BIOS that I may need to enable?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards
    SmutjeUK

2. RinSewand

RinSewand New Member

Is it set as the default audio playback device in control panel?

RwD

3. SmutjeUK

SmutjeUK New Member

yes it is and it says that its working properly and the driver is up to date as well.

4. xprodancer

xprodancer life is like a box of chocolates

would be the first place i would check!