1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS where on earth can i buy one from?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by needmorstuff, 28 Jan 2008.

1. needmorstuff

needmorstuff What's a Dremel?

after a ds for my daughter - bare console silver preferably... the only ones i can fine for sale come bundled with games... help please forum brothers!!

2. alastor

alastor Minimodder

ShopTo have pink ones in stock, otherwise just keep checking local Zavvi/HMV/Game/Gamestation stores etc I guess.

EDIT: Assumed you were in the UK, if not then ignore me.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2008
  3. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

The silver ones are Gen 1 DS's and are not sold at your local stores anymore (al least here in the US they aren't) Your best bet is looking online because they sell like hot cakes. You will find them in black, white, pink, and red/black.

4. alastor

alastor Minimodder

We do get Platinum (silver) coloured Lites over here in Europe but not the red+black unfortunately.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I think you are better off getting the new one (DS lite)... it should be the same price, and a little better.
    - It's 21% lighter (wiki)
    - Extended battery life compared to the DS.
    - Brighter, more durable top and bottom LCD screens, with four levels of brightness. Designed to be more resistant to shock
    - The processors are the same as the DS, but made on a smaller custom process so they require less power.
    - The built-in microphone is now located between the top and bottom screens of the DS Lite.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The Lite is a lot better in every single way, plus it costs the same. The DS is an ugly, awkward piece of kit. The Lite is almost perfect. Get a DS Lite, a black one, and then mod it for her. A little dremel engraving of her name on the top = cheesecake

7. needmorstuff

needmorstuff What's a Dremel?

oogh i like the sound of that :) any links to a quick "how-to" I aint done any dremmel engraving.. although i do have a dremmel and x2 engraving bits.

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2007/07/10/engraving_101/1

A quick run down on how the pros do it for cases - the fourth page focuses on acrylics as well. . Take your time with it and practice on some scrap plastic first obviously to warm up and, obviously, let us know how it turns out. If this is your first engraving then you'll want to be really careful and ensure you get it right, so go slow.

9. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Or you could go crazy and pretend you're being artistic.

Tags: