1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Where to buy acrylic?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dave_c, 26 Oct 2009.

1. USFORCES

USFORCES I have a Dremel!

£120 and £500 per 1m square sheet?

WOW that's just crazy, Where I get mine it comes in 4x8ft. sheet and anything less than 4x4 sheet is considered scrap, I just bought two pieces 1/4in 4x3ft. for $10US... It's clear but they also have colored scrap but I only make reservoirs so clear is all I get..
    I've also got free scrap pieces from them that is 3in. thick which comes in handy when making some stuff.

2. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

I'd like to know where you get your acrylic from. I can't find any locally, and online I used to get decent prices on Ebay on scraps, but that has dried up.

3. USFORCES

There is a couple plastic companies not to far from me, maybe I should start selling it online, I'm laid off right now... Hmm How much did they sell it for?

4. denis6902

denis6902 deathbox

dude, it all depends what your build is up to, if u really want ur case to be bullet proof go for 10mm acrylic, but i can assure you 3mm to 5mm are ace to work and strong enough too, ask for samples of 3mm and 5mm and you wont believe how strong they are!

I hope your working out already in case ure going to go for 10mm, its going to be really heavy!

5. USFORCES

1/4in = 6.3mm is perfect

5mm would be fine to but 3mm is to thin if you ask me I wouldn't use it unless it's just for a side window maybe.