1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Where to get Molex Crimpers ?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by No_Na_Me, 27 Oct 2010.

1. No_Na_Me

No_Na_Me PC & water, this can only end well

Hi All, looking to braid my ATX & Modular cables and make my own SATA power cables.

I want to use a "quality" crimper.

MDPC, I had a problem at the cost of sending the money as I don't have the other options available.

Any Ideas?

2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

Any good Electrical wholesalers will do what you need or maybe even B&Q.

3. No_Na_Me

Hi BulldogJeff, welcome to my world. I thought that. But having looked into this there are several types of Crimper. I looked on the molex site and they do a fair few, and shops in America sell them. You can get "professional one that cost about £200. But MDPC sell a set that does a two part crimp, so it does the wire & the shield. It's just I could only do it by IBAN transfer and that costs too much. I then guessed that we are not a million miles from Germany so surely somewhere in the UK has them... But as yet I cant find them.

Hence the post. The main crimper's you see are for thing like spade connectors and they just do do the same job.

4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

5. CCCLighting

CCCLighting www.computercolorcannon.c om

ratcheting crimper is the way to go

I recently was looking for a quality molex crimper myself and I knew the only option that would meet my standards would be a ratcheting crimper and at first I was scared off by the extremely high prices of professional tools. After searching online for a while I finally came across a decent looking ratcheting crimper that even can have the crimp templates swapped out that amazingly also cost about 1/6th-1/8 of the expensive models and I decided for the price I may as well give it a try and it worked out great. I am located in the USA and didn't order from the supplier at the URL below but I got the same model as below, maybe there is UK supplier with the same model or one close to it:

http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=phoenixent&product_name=HWS16166

All I can say is I couldn't be happier with the tool, it is dead simple to use and because it is the ratcheting style it makes extremely well made crimps every time very easily.

6. No_Na_Me