1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Where's it all coming from?

Discussion in 'General' started by spaceman1, 19 Dec 2011.

1. spaceman1

spaceman1 What's a Dremel?

Hey all time for a rant
    Well where to begin my mate and his misses don't work they have 4 kids, Me and my misses work and have 2 kids, this past month they bought a car £6k spent £1000 on a pc and another £1000 on a laptop £800 on a 360 with bits and all the kids are having a 3ds even the 2-year-old and they spent over a grand on the kids.
    Now we both work goodish jobs we struggled to give the kids £300 each and £300 betwen me and the misses we don't do anything on credit other than the house arghh!!!!!!!
    And the worse part of it they brag how much they are spending.
    Does not seem worth working if they can get all that on benefit.

Rant done for now.

2. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Recently inherited maybe?

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

You think they get that on benefits? Why don't you ask them.

4. spaceman1

nope should have said its they payed 6k cash for the car and credit for 10k there attitude its a mugs game working when we get money for nothing.

5. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

I find it very hard to believe they are on that high of an income legitimately.

6. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

They might have taken out loans, borrowed from family, inherited or maybe even won some money. Have you asked them why they have so much to spend?

7. Teelzebub

Tbh if their are on benefits they would have no problem getting bank loans sadly banks see benefits as a stable income.

8. DevilsShooter

DevilsShooter What's a Dremel?

which bank does that? I cant get nothing from banks as they dont count income from benefits or college bursary as a stable income, cant even get an overdraft on that.

9. spaceman1

have dropped a few question and answers we dont pay rent or council tax and they get all the money they need from social.
    If they had won money i'd be happy for them.

10. Teelzebub

I used to know someone with 4 kids and they managed to get loans from about 4 of the major banks never paid a penny back sad but true :jawdrop:

Personly dont do laons even bought my house cash :)

11. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

This happens all over the sad little council estate I live on, someone from round here was on the local news the other week complaining that his benefits were being cut from £500 per week and that it wasn't fair, how was he going to survive.

I don't know your friend so I can't comment, but if he is anything like the families round here he will kick his kids out the house at 9am and not let them back in till tea time, the advantage your kids probably have over his is you love them.

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

£500 a week? And here i am jumping having to jump through hoops just to get 50... I'd be lucky to get a job paying that [or any job atm]...

13. DevilsShooter

My friend asked to use my house as a mailing addy when she first moved here thought np, 3months later Im still receiving mail and I thought thats abit strange. The mrs got annoyed and "accidentally" opened it to find cold weather payments which we dont get but our friend did on our addy. Got me angry so phoned dole office and they said yes that person was claiming here but due to DPA they couldn't do anything. So i phoned the scam line and was told similar unless I had opened the mail to see what it was, was also told if I did that Id be in trouble even though the letters came through my door. I felt helpless and after many arguments with said friend they denied everything.

Another letter appeared. My mrs wrote in big red writing on the letter and re-sent it back. A few weeks later my friend appeared and had the cheek to sit me and the mrs down and get all shitty about a letter that got sent back and she lost her dole for 6months. They both got over £1000 a month claiming false benefits and incapacity. My partner and I were at college and working and just pulled in a few hundred more and have 2 kids but we were out 9-5 everyday where as there sat at home laughing at all of us. Not very fair is it nor the system we created to protect us from it.

if you are that annoyed about the situation then you have every right to phone up the dole and get them inspected but if everyone did that when somebody got something new then we'd get nowhere and all be accusing each other of stealing in some form or another.

*teezlebub

I tried with TSB and Clydesdale, they refused point blank on my bursary and child tax credit for £100 overdraft, I thought was ridiculous but the manager told me even if I got a job that paid as little as £1 a week then I could get up to £500.

14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Benefit scammers are terrible people, screwing over others just because they're too lazy to do anything themselves.
    Something really needs to be done, and DevilsShooter, I presume you've stopped allowing your 'friend' to use your house for mail at all now?

15. DevilsShooter

Yes, my friend got the right royal shafting from her majesty and then let out 2weeks later for fraud. Not fair at all, lol I bet I could go out now and nick a loaf of bread and be put inside for 3months instantly.

They are still trying to scam, they tried the "pretend" splitting up thing and didnt work, they even offered to pay my friend rent on a bedroom that they wouldnt be staying in so they could get housing and dole.

It really does make you sit and wonder would I be better off doing the same but I wouldnt sleep at night due to the worry about not working and sponging/conning people. I hate the other kind the "benifit breeders" that only have a kid for the extra £15 and to go on jeremy kyle in there teens.

16. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Not everyone on benefits is in a decent position like the ones above. 99% of people actually need the help. It's the 1% that give it the... "Why the feck am I working?" idea in your head.

I see it at least once a week tragically.

Phone the local authority and just say "Mr and Mrs X are trying to falsely claim benefits on various address's. Give as much infomation as you can and usually a team leader will check the info over and can put various flags on names/national insurance numbers etc... that way benefit services have to verified the address directly. I.e. an officer goes out and checks the property itself to make sure they are living there. That's only Housing and Council Tax benefits though...

17. Teelzebub

BAWL's right though the person I mentioned is the exception not the rule.

18. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Why does it matter to you anyway? Green eyes?

19. spaceman1

if im paying for bums who dont want to work then it matters.Do you work?
    As i said if they won money or come in to money then im happy but if they scamming then i do mind.

20. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Well what specifically are they doing?

Really?

You may have the "Technically you're only paying a tiny percentage of this" argument thrown at you soon, while it's true it doesn't nill your point.

The Benefit system does depend a lot of the time on people reporting the fraud or potential fraud to them. They (we) do not have eyes and ears everywhere to see everything despite what people think. If you think someone is falsely claiming, please let your authority know.