1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Where's the innovation? Right in front of you!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 30 Jan 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

How often has big business, or a government, said publicly "Yep. We screwed that up" rather than "Oh lord! This <insert thing> is ruining our business!".

It's not changed, and never will change, until people who don't believe that every consumer is a blinkered idiot start running the big businesses.

3. naokaji

naokaji whatever

No surprise people buy less stuff, lets face it, if you don't know if you will still have a job next week, many will start to save money instead of not thinking about the future and spending whatever they can.

I kinda disagree about the netbook and microsoft part, while I agree that it's additional sales and that it's normal that they have to lower the price to compete, I do see netbooks as a threat to microsoft as they have the chance to make linux more popular with a chance / risk that it spills over to regular notebooks / desktops.

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

The problem is that there are figures out that suggesting that the majority of netbooks being returned are returned because they have Linux on them. Sad I know, but it's not a familiar experience for most consumers and they don't have the patience to learn - that's why companies like Samsung have come along and only offered Windows. I see it as an additional sale for Microsoft in a normal economy, not a lost sale at a higher price.

Tags: Add Tags