1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Which £100ish Blu-Ray Player? - Panansonic 110 or Sony 470

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FIBRE+, 21 Dec 2011.

1. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I'm getting my dad a Blu-Ray player for Christmas (and probably one for myself), I've trawled trough models and reviews and whittled it down to the Panansonic 110 or Sony 470. They both do enough and have good reviews, I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on either?. I'll probably be buying from the local Richer Sounds tomorrow.

2. MiT

MiT Don't feed me after midnight!! nom

I have a brand new Panasonic DMP-BDT110, if your interested. Comes with option to claim Star Wars blu-ray.

Sorry i cant answer your question on which one is better.

3. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

I've got the Sony 480 which isn't far off the 470 besides an inbuilt web browser (which is admittedly rubbish) but I think it's an excellent player I've never had any issues with it at all, always been pleased with the UI, A/V quality, build etc.

One thing I'd mention the 480 is only about £9 more expensive than the 470 from richer sounds but it looks like it allows you to claim the 2 new harry potters in 3D aswell with the newer player which is well worth the £9 extra.

The Panasonic BDT-1100 get's great write up's it was between that and the 480 myself when shopping around and as MiT mentioned does come with the 3 Star wars films for £91.95.

I'd call it down to whichever of the free gift's you'd prefer to be honest they are both good players.

4. ResCyn

ResCyn What's a Dremel?

5. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Sorry I didn't reply, thanks for the input.

Got a Panasonic 110 for myself and the 210 for my dad in the end (needed wifi for the living room). From what I read the Panasonic is great picture\sound wise (arguable in person between the two brands I'd imagine) but the Sony seems much better for web stuff.

He wanted Star Wars anyway so it was one less thing we needed to buy him :hehe:

6. MSHunter

MSHunter Minimodder

7. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

The Sony has a pretty simple region hack also. Although you DO need a multi remote such as a Logitech harmony that has programable software. You can pick up the original harmony one very cheap now at less than 30 squids. Factor that into your costs and go for the cheaper Sony 380 and boom. Multi region DVD.

8. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Oops. Just read replies. Ignore my previous post unless someone else is interested!!!