1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Which 28-32" LCD TV- £600-800 (edit: ITS HERE!!! pics.)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by P2D, 27 Jan 2006.

1. feckless2k1

feckless2k1 Minimodder

Everyone likes to impress people, its not that stupid. Spending thousands of pounds only to get respect is a bit silly - but I get the impression that he is also going to watch his TV, it looking cool is just a bonus :thumb:

2. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

If you want respect _DON'T_ live at home with your mum!

3. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

lol i guess if you have the money go for it...however the obvious flaunting isn't that appreiciated though i reckon.

4. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Sorry if i annoyed you in the other thread with Hyb1rd, but honestly, do you need to bring it across? Anyway yeah obvsiously i'll be watching it and using it like any other TV, Admitingly i could have spent £400 on a good 32" CRT style screen and it would have been cool, but i've got the money so why not? It's like winning the lotto and buying a 2nd hand nova, you just wouldnt do it. I'm not buying it *JUST* to impress people as such, i'm also after a good, high end plasma screen to watch movies, TV and play games on.

I didn't buy my iPod Nano just to show off, i bought it to play music, i didn't buy the phone i bought for impressions, i bought it because it has alot of good features i use everyday- Same with the PSP, i got one so i had something to do in the hour-long-breaks at college. It's hardly my fault that just because i can have these nice things people are naturally impressed, I do try not to make myself look too "wow look at me" (well, sometimes, don't we all?) but it's not my fault my friends think "wow, wish i had those things!"

At the end of the day, if i drive a ferrari past anyone in the street they are going to think "wow! impressive" It's the same thing walking into my bedroom, you are going to be impressed even if you have all the same stuff, if not better. When you walk into your freinds bedrooms (them being 17) you don't expect to see a 42" plasma, Awesome sound equipment, new laptop, dual screens, multiple PC,s and pretty much all the latest gadgets- thus are impressed.

Sorry if that seemed a little show-off, or like a rant, but wouldnt you rather have people think "wow", than "Sheesh, this room sucks"!

Mike

5. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

I'm happy for ya :D

6. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

I was talking to Mister_Tad you fool. Think i care if i annoy you? :p

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The thing is, I think you'll find that anyone that goes round and sees it will have an initial impression of "wow thats cool" and then its old news, and then nobody cares.

You didn't annoy me. I'm not "bringing anything across" from any other thread and It has nothing to do with anything else, buying a telly (or anything else for that matter) for the sole purpose of making people go "wow" is just silly. People aren't going to think youre cooler because you have a big telly. It wont make you friends, it wont get you women, it wont make you a better person. Taking it to the extreme, I had a mate at school that had a cinema, lots of silly sports cars and always went OTT on a night out, to show off, you know: the "wow" factor. He had loads of "friends" who were really impressed :rolleyes:

I've done the same thing on oocasions when I was your age, until I realised that it doesnt impress anyone and usually annoys people.

I'm in the process of spending around £3000 on an amp and a pair of speakers, I'm not doing this to show off, I couldn't care less if nobody ever comes round to mine to see it or listen to it. The speakers I'm after dont look expensive (they wouldnt look out of place in an argos catalogue really, ProAc). I'm spending £3k on a hifi so i can sit down, by myself or with my mrs, and listen to music that sounds bloody great.

By all means buy a nice telly to watch telly and films, that's what I've done, it makes sense. But if youre getting a telly to impress people, don't kid yourself.

any hybr1d is right, if you want a "wow" factor try moving out of your parents house first ;)

Last edited: 3 Feb 2006
  8. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

It may have seemed like I said I was buying it just to *show off* but let me assure you i'm not, even if it seemed that way, even I wouldnt spend that much just to go "hey look what i've got" but never use it! Sorry if we got our wires crossed a bit, but its all good now :thumb: Good luck on that sound system, sounds nice- Post pics when ya get it :p

9. Mister_Tad

well, y'see when you said "All i want is the "wow" factor for anyone that comes into my room", that kind of contradicts :eyebrow:

10. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Are you being awkward for a reason? :eyebrow:

You keep taking that out of context even tho i've explained it twice.

Let me sum it up.

I chose the 42" plasma panel over a say, 32" CRT because its overly a better TV, is better looking with better PQ (HD wise); and also has a "wow" factor to it.

Fin.

11. Mister_Tad

chiiiiiiilllllllllll winston

I was simply explaining why I thought it sounded a bit daft. Your explanation cleared things up, but contradicted what you said in the first place.

seriously, enough

12. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Its here!

[​IMG]

13. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

wow I wish i had rich parents who spoilt me rotten by buying me thousands of pounds worth of gear just to impress people. :eyebrow:

im sorry im just saying what alot of us are thinking.

14. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

PC was £1,300 when i first got it (When i was 14!) , paid for by me. amp & speakers was a gift for doing good in college, TV was £1,399 bought by me, for me. laptop was a gift, ect.

15. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I wouldn't play it up too much, girls will think our compensating for something ;)

Nice looking room none-the-less.

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Very nice :)

17. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :hehe:

18. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

What's wrong with compensating for your previous lack of pwnage TV?

:)

19. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

errrr, thats what i ment :worried: honest :D

20. Sord_Fish

Sord_Fish What's a Dremel?

Now thats a nice tv. I must ask what job do you have to pay for that.