1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Which 9800pro?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lessthanjake, 26 Jun 2004.

1. lessthanjake

lessthanjake What's a Dremel?

i have a mild dilemma on my hands, i am about to order a 9800pro but i need to know if there will be a significant difference between brands.
    i can get
    an evesham 9800pro for £125
    an ATI for £131.01
    a sapphire for £141
    or a connect3d for £135

if anyone has any opinions on brands or overclockability please share to help me and probably others decide which to order

thanks

2. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

where are you buying these from?post the link

3. k3nn

k3nn What's a Dremel?

Never had a problem with connect3d, there not the best but there better then some, my 9800 clocks to an xt with the stock cooler can get a bit more out of it with a vga silencer roughly 430/730.

4. Ds3

Ds3 What's a Dremel?

Don't forget there is delivery on some of those prices as well, such as the £141 for the sapphire which I presume is from Komplett - £5 delivery makes it £146. Where as the Evesham includes delivery.

Personally I would go for the evesham, but thats just me. It's a "built by ATI" card so basically the same as Sapphire (made in the same factory). They will all clock roughly the same and you would only notice a difference between any of them in a very high end system when doing some hard core benchmarking, so why not just stick with the cheapest?

The only other thing you need to take into account is what package they come with? Ok so the Evesham is the cheapest, but then it's OEM and all you get is the gfx card, where as some of the others may come with a full pack of cables, software, games etc, so it depends how much extra you want to spend for a few more goodies

:)

5. Loz

Loz Blah Blah

My brother just bought the Evesham card and it came with cables. No software, but what do you really need? Drivers are downloadable and monitoring utilities rarely get used.

6. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

Tags: