1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Which drag and drop MP3 player?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by monkeyville, 10 Mar 2008.

1. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Hi all,

I need a new MP3 player and quite honestly i am very confused by the huge choice on offer. I was hoping someone could make some recommendations to narrow down the search.

• I like the iPod shuffle design as i can clip it on anything and its small
    • I only need 1-4Gb
    • Needs to be cheap £25-£40ish
    • I had a iRiver before and loved the drag and drop. I would love to keep it that way (hence not just getting the Ipod).
    What options do i have? I have found the Zen Stone although that seems the only option. Anybody got any more

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Zen stone is a very nice player for that price bracket and I haven't seen many others around that point that compete.

For a few more quid I'd just get another iRiver.

3. monkeyville

I just saw another player...the sandisk sansa clip 2gb.

Anyone have any opinions? Can't see anywhere if its drag and drop

4. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

I do beleive that with the latest firmwares for the Creative Zen's they now support drag and drop.

I was going to suggest an iRiver, which is what I currently use also (the H320), and ended up flashing a custom firmware onto it, so it now dual boots between orignal OS or the open source RockBox firmware, which you can boot by either holding down on for the rockbox, or repeatedly pressing the on button will load the original firmware.

RockBox is avaiable for a number of other mp3 players also, like the iPod, which can now use drag and drop, among other players which may then support the drag and drop feature if it did not before, worth checking out. :thumb:

5. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Had a friend who likes his iRiver player, not sure on the model, and I sure like my Zen which is also drag-and-drop, so I'm guessing the other Zen models would be too.

6. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

get the sansa clip. as soon as the 4gb one comes out, i'm buying it. here is abi's comparison between the clip and stone

7. monkeyville

I have a H340 already although its a brick tbh and would skip if i jogged with it!

I think its the Sansa Clip that wins this one. Now i just need somewhere to buy it!

8. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Tags: