1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Which GTX 580?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Headspark, 12 Nov 2011.

1. Headspark

Headspark Minimodder

Hi guys hoping you could help.. which should i get. I am looking to invest on a pretty future proof product. I see that there are some 3gb cards.. are these worth the extra expense? I have water-cooling, would it be better value getting a card with a rubbish cooler for less money and buying a block for it? Should i just use a stock cooler with air? If i am over clocking should i be buying a card with the volt mod extras?

It has been a while since i have bought hardware... thanks in advance.

Andy

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Price is too steep in my view for the jump to 3GB. Also new GPU are just around the corner, probably around March 2012, bear that in mind before committing to this generation of GPU. In my opinion the 2.5GB GTX 570 offers the best value for money and balance between GPU power and Video RAM. Had you considered that as an option?

3. j4mi3

j4mi3 What's a Dremel?

yeah but for a res like mine, i dont think a 570 would cut it at max settings on demanding games like bf. and they are only gonna get more demanding surely

so for me at least i think id have to go the 580 route

4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

My point is past a GTX 570 the price simply rockets for very little in return. Given the choice I'd rather wait for the 600 series for a decent jump over the GTX 580 for a similar price point. The only problem is patience! :D