1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which kitchen counter is the nicest? (NEW PICS TODAY)

Discussion in 'General' started by bard, 11 Sep 2003.

?

Which work-top?

1. Inlac Brown

21 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. Rosa Beta

16 vote(s)
    43.2%
  1. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

It would all depend on what color the walls are going to be. The dark brown counter would be very sexy and intimate, but with the wrong color walls, the space would become dark and closed in. If you're going to get those cabinets (color that is) with black/stainless appliances and the dark counter, definetely make sure that your wall color is light - maybe an ivory color. In addition, you will need to make sure that your floor tile/linolium is the same color as the walls. What you will do by that is make the walls and floor blend into the background and make people focus more on the other areas of the space.

2. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

Great tips, Dad :)

3. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

Dad usually indicates a male human! .....

........ Oh..... :worried: ...... you said tips! :duh:

:naughty:

4. Joel

Joel What's a Dremel?

the dark one looks nicer, i hate light couloured worktops, if you hve chrome cooker and lightish wood dark looks tons better

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

defeneatly the dark one... in combination with dark wood it would look strange with light colored top...

The best colorcombination is black and redish (cherry) wood. Looks warm and a bit modern...

i don't like light colors...

6. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

I voted for Inlac Brown, but it depends alot on the environment they are going to be in. I don't care for the Rosa very much regardless of the environment. If the kitchen will be dark, then adding a dark countertop is probably not a good idea. If the kitchen will overall be fairly lighted, then the dark may add warmth (visual, not actual heat).

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

add some dimmed halogen spotlights... dark kitchen with dimmed (orange-yellowish) light... that always look good! :thumb: :dremel:

8. bard

Yeah, I have advised them to put in dimmers on the lights.
    Actually, today I introduced the idea of using white LEDs for lighting instead of spot lights... Would be cheaper to have them on all day then, but you don't get the cool dimmed lights.

9. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i like the lighter one personally. my friend's parents redid thier kitchen with dark granite counters/island ... and a cherry-ish stain on the cabinets, and its just too dark. I worked in resturants for quite a while, and the brighter it is , the better. affects your whole mood. if you hate cooking cause its dark, your cooking will suffer. bright and cheery, and the culinary extravaganza may ensue.

10. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Inlac Brown i don't think the lighter one would look right with them cabinets ;)

11. bard

I went to two stone stores today, and brought the camera:

A kitchen with Rosa Beta counters. The floor was some kind of Chinese granite, and it had a pattern that looked just like a reduced version of Rosa Beta, so when you looked at the bench and the floor at the same time, perspective made it look like it was five meters down, and not 80 cm.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A kitchen with Inlac Brown counters. These kitchen fronts are exactly the same as those my parents are getting too. I should mention that this kitchen was not subjected to day light, as the one with Rosa Beta was.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a third option for counters, Nero Impala:
    [​IMG]

Please continue to express your views.

12. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Well, teh first shot of the Inlac Brown looks terrible, but I'm thinking that's a light issue as it's much better in the second shot. If, in real life, it looks like the second shot, I'd say go with that.

The Rosa Beta just looks too... busy for my liking.

13. bard

I'd say the inlac is more like the second shot, the first one is a little off.

14. mog

mog What's a Dremel?

Tell them to bin the pair of them & go for stainless steel.Very minimilstic.

Last edited: 13 Sep 2003
  15. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

i think the rosa beta stuff looks cheap... reminds me of something called "respatex"... it is something used on old kitchen benches and old school desks... it have gray cross patterns if you know what i mean...

the inlac brown looks much warmer and more expensive/luxurious...

16. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

The Inlac Brown or the Nero Impala look damn nice, the brown one looks like black marble in those photos, and black marble work surfaces and splash backs in a kitchen rock (but is damn expensive as my parents found out :p )

17. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

Nero Impala!

or the other dark one, the light one looks cheap and tacky.

18. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i dont know about the countertops, but that hood in the first pic you posted today is damn sexy. but i really like the ides of stainless with cutting boards, reminds me of working in a resturant.