1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays which monitor is best for me

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dazedandconfused, 10 Jun 2010.

1. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused generic babble ->

Hello bit tech users.
    A lot of monitor threads about at the moment so apologise for Another one.

Basically at the moment I use a 40" tv for my monitor (Hx703). I want to purchase a proper pc.monitor for my gaming rig. I've been browsing the forums on here and have come up with three real options.
    The NEC recommended by bit tech
    Dell u2311
    Dell u2410

I would like some help with which is the best monitor in this list.

I would like first hand knowlegde of people with these monitors and whether 1920x1200 or 1080 really change a gaming experience or web browsing as that's what it'll be used for. Do all modern games support both resolutions or is one favoured over the other etc?

My current games include L4D mass effect 1&2 dirt2 and the saboteur.

My tv does a very good job as a monitor and therefore my expectations are high (however not having had a proper pc monitor for about 4 years they might actually be low).

My budget is really any monitor within this range, cheaper the better but I'm willing to pay more for better quality and a monitor that will stand the test of time.

On a side note I was also wondering how quick monitors are EOL as I'm interested in eyeifinty but dont have the funds at the moment, but I always like things to match.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Monitor comparison table done by me:
    Monitor Comparison Table

Notice the 3 tabs at the bottom, where the second one present feature explanation, and up's and down's of every panel technology type, and feature explanation.

There you have it, all are popular models on this forum that have great reviews, and all are great value for your money.

tripwired likes this.
  3. fingerbob69

fingerbob69 Minimodder

An excellent table Goodbytes. Just one thing, the 2209wa is only that UK price if you go direct to Dell; anywhere else and it's at least £50 less.

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Thank you very much, it's been corrected.