1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Which monitor is better HP24" or Samsung 22"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ghostrider2007, 27 Oct 2007.

1. ghostrider2007

ghostrider2007 What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I'm going to buy a new monitor to replace my tiny 15" TFT Display.
    Maximum budget is up to £400.00

I've been reading a lot about different monitors and going crazy about which one to buy!
    Because of work commitments, I will not buy one online because I'm not around for delivery.
    So, I'm going to buy one at PCWORLD. The two which look the best are an HP 24" or Samsung 22"

Which one do you think is better:

HP W2408 24" HP WIDESCREEN TFT MONITOR £329.47

or

SAMSUNG SM226CW 22" WIDESCREEN GAMING TFT MONITOR £279.99

Most of the reviews I've read nad the comments on this forum speak highly of the Samsung, and I guess its my preferred choice, although I dont want to spend almost £300 on a monitor if its no good. What do you think?

One final question, I have two monitor ports on my nVidia 7900GTX. So, would it be easy to connect and configure 2 monitors to my computer then, the new one and the old 15" display.

2. kevin5k

kevin5k Lost in Translation

HMm...I would definately recommend Samsung monitor. But you should note that u need to set the same screen resolution for both your monitors.

3. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Nvidia has Twinview. which gives you the option of setting each monitor at different resolutions. And +1 for the Samsung 226CW, my brother has the 226BW and it's pure class.

4. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

you can get a dell 24" for about £400 now, from scan or pcbuyit.

5. 3dHeli

3dHeli What's a Dremel?

The 24" dell is a lot of monitor for the money . . . . . but if I were you I would try to see them both in person, and to get whatever guarantee you can for easy return if any dead/stuck pixels.

Tags: