1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Which one? 6600gt

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sk8phreak88, 3 Oct 2005.

1. sk8phreak88

sk8phreak88 Minimodder

Hey guys. Well my friend baught me the HL2 GOTY edition and I've been playin CS:S constantly. I currently have a ATI 9600Pro that runs it fine. My friend who baught me the game purchased a x700 to upgrade from his old offbrand card. But my 9600pro still games better then his LOL. BUT he has caught up and I have bit him with the "graphics whore-bug" lol I like to have THE BEST out of my friends, call me what ever but i just like to have that cause they usually have something better then me everywere else anyway's onto the real question.

I have roughly $200-ish to spend on a new card. I usually am an ati fanboy but ATM they can't compete with n-vidia! I was atfirst going to buy the
    XFX Geforce 6600GT

But then thought I might as well go a bit more "out" and get a higher one. So I began looking at the gigabyte one. But now that ones out of stock.
    Then I found the MSI Geforce 6600GT NX6600GT-VTD128 Video Card - Retail

That one for I dont know how long had a rebate for 30 bucks but now it doesn't!!!!!

Would I be better off with the msi one above or this one
    BFG Tech Geforce 6600GT

I'm sure the BFG is great. I really wish I woulda gotten the msi when they had the rebate as it would have been REALLY nice to be only spending 150 vs 200 as my whole paychecks are roughly 200----BI WEEKLY as in 200 bucks for two weeks of work! :wallbash:

Help me chose guys! Need to get the best one to hold me over till tax time so I can upgrade my whole system.

Forgot my current sys specs :wallbash:

CPU: AMD 2200+ 1.8ghz
    RAM: 1gb pc2100 :wallbash:
    PSU: 420watt offbrand, upgrading next check.
    Graphics:radeon9600pro Clocks: CORE-391 RAM 202.50

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

BFG and MSI are both good companies, but i'd go with BFG since their support is like the best ever tbqfh :)
    Although, given the choice of any brand I'd only go gainward GS again ;) (see sig)

Tags: