1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which phone? - SX1, now with pics

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by severedhead, 26 Oct 2004.

1. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

Not too sure where to put this, please move if in inapproriate place.

It's almost phone upgrade time of year and I'm stuck between two at the minute.

The Sony Ericsson K700i
    [​IMG]
    Or the Siemens SX1
    [​IMG]

Has anyone had any experience good or bad with either of them? Any info will be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2004
  2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

K700i is an excellent phone.

UI is brilliant, cameras good too, bluetooth, user customisable themes, mp3 ringtones, loadsa storage space for mp3s/pics etc.

3. Aa-chan

Aa-chan AA-CHAN

I second the above, great phone :) .

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I also dont like the look of the Siemens SX1, the buttons are in stupid places.

5. Lost.Soul

Lost.Soul What's a Dremel?

You can get used to the placement of SX1 keyboard. It´s an awesome phone! Big advantage is in Symbian OS - there is lot of applications like MP3 players, games, DivXplayers and more for it. get SX1 :p

6. severedhead

Hmm... I was pretty much decided on the K700i there, but now I'm not sure again. Whats the battery life like on either of the two? Comparable to the T610? Or do they both pretty much suck in that department as suggested by a couple of reviews I have read?

Lost.Soul, could you elaborate on the DivXplayer? Is it any good?

7. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

The Sony K700 is a piece of ****.

No experience with the other one listed, but anything must be better than the K700.

8. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Not tried either, however have the nokia 6230 (great phone btw) and want to give the k700 a shot. Screen looks well nice on it. As long as its less laggy than the T610, then it should be nice. Having said that the last siemens i had was a great phone too, the siemens repair centre is a POS tho....

9. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

How the hell did you decide that? Its a good phone. If you want more features in a simular sized and priced phone have fun finding it.

My mate has the K700i and says its battery life is greater than the T610 (he only charges it once every 3days rather than every other day)

10. Lost.Soul

There are some mobile players for DivX format. On PC, you comprime the film to color depth and resolution of your mobile phone, and get it to your phone via infrared,BT,cable or CardReader (I dont know the card type in SX1, may be there are no reader for it, but probably yes.)

Its more funny than useful (who dont want Matrix: Revolutions on his/her phone? :hehe: ). The quality is not impresive, but if you are bored in train etc. its better than nothing... :rolleyes:

11. Gangsta

Gangsta Banned

go for the k700i, excellent phone, i got one :D

12. severedhead

Really leaning towards the K700i now, seems a lot of people like it and I have been impressed with Sony's previous offerings. Plus I can imagine the buttons on the SX1 being a real pain in the ass after a while!

13. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Go into a phone shop and have a play with the K700, best way to see if you like it!

14. sinizterguy

Well, I don't like it. I dont like their menu system. I dont like the way their phones feel or handle. I don't particularly like the looks either.

My friends who used the phone got rid of it too. Because they didnt like it.

Obviously every product has people who like it. You seem to be one of them.

Every product has people who hate it. Me and a couple of friends would fall into that category.

At the end of the day, I have voiced my opinion, and you have voiced yours. It is now upto the threadstarter to decide which phone he wants to get.

A Nokia is much better than any SE equivalent model IMO.

15. Lost.Soul

and than do the same with SX1... You see that SX is better :thumb:

16. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Definatley the Sony!! That Siemens Looks, er... TERRIBLE!! Just take a look at where the keys are positioned, that should be enough to put u off the phone :hehe:

17. severedhead

I think I'll pop into town tomorrow and have a play. Cheers for the input, I'll let you know what I think.

18. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Im going on the opinions of my two friends actually, on went from a T610 to it the other a Nokia 6610i both of which have said its a better phone.

I've only played with the phones for 5mins, tho I have a S700i which is based on the same firmware so quite a bit is the same.

After reading a few reviews on the SX it seems a nice phone, but seems a little big compared to other phones. Id guess this is because of all the extra circuitry they have to put in to make it run Symbian OS.

Tho that OS is nice changing to it from a normal phone is a bit of a jolt.

What lets the SX down is the weird key placement, I cant see why they didnt just but the numpad where it should be a and move the nav keys into absurd places. I dread to think what texting is like on it.

19. sinizterguy

Definitely agree with you on that note.

20. TheDarkCloud

TheDarkCloud What's a Dremel?

It's a two-handed job to text with the SX-1, my mate has one and it's VERY, VERY, VERY annoying. :wallbash: