1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Phone?

Discussion in 'General' started by ocha, 27 Apr 2004.

1. ocha

ocha Minimodder

Ok so I am going to have to make a choice, do I go back to nokia with the flavour of a 6600, or do I stay with sony ericsson and go with a t610 or t630? what do you reckon.

2. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

contract renewal time?

3. ocha

ocha Minimodder

yup. both handsets are fairly equally priced, i.e. about £20 max and i'm just not sure, maybe I should just order one and if I don't like it take it back. But I just can't be bothered with that.

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I just got myself the T630 and compared it against my mates T610. The T630 has a far better screen and camera is seems slightly better. I really like the T630 and I'm glad I didn't get the T610 now.

5. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

Check out the new Nokia 6230. Mp3 player, radio, bluetooth, camera, etc.

O2 & Vodaphone are doing it free I think, not sure on which tarrifs though. I think I'm getting one.

6. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

i personally wouldnt take a nokia if paid to do so.

my fiancee has a t300 and its quite lovely. a bit small for me though. I like my simple little samsung 255. does its job without a bunch of gimmicks.

7. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

Thats exactly what the 6230 does assuming you need bluetooth and would like a mp3 player.

I've had a Nokia 6210 for 3 years, still on the original handset and battery, no problems so they're not all bad...

gunsforshow - just try and have a play with them all first and check out some online reviews. I know the t630 has been praised.

8. ocha

ocha Minimodder

yes I have just spent a while reading the reviews and at the moment I'm going to hang on for the t630, its not out on vodafone just yet but is expected in the next few days or so. I think I'll buy that as it has a bit better battery life and I spend a long time from home so need that.

/EDIT Spike what network are you on?

Last edited: 27 Apr 2004
  9. Hippo

Hippo Pre-dates 5.25" Floppies

I have a T610 and my mate had just bought a T630. The screen is noticible sharper on the T630. The camera preview refresh seems a little faster but thats about it.

The styling of the 2 phones is total different however, I prefer the T610, its sleek and sexy :baby:

10. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Big fan of my t630, but the white version looks a bit girly IMO - you might want to get a replacement black cover off ebay if you're not on t-mobile.

As for the Nokia 6230, well it looks nice on paper - I'd love the t630 to have an MMC slot and be an mp3 player. I've read a few reviews and tbh I was a little disappointed, the screen looks horribly small compared to the SE and that's a big factor for me.

11. ocha

ocha Minimodder

yes I wanted the slightly larger and better quality screen. Its meant to be a TFT instead. I'm not on t-mobile, I'm on vodafone but they haven't released it yet and they don't know themselves if it will be black or white. Though its meant to be only t-mobile with the black version so I'm not too hopefull.

12. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I got it on t-mobile as they were doing an offer on the phone and orange weren't getting any in and do pants deals when you are upgrading (t610).

So I was happy to say goodbye to orange and try another network. I would have liked to gone to vodaphone as the signal is pretty good for them around here but they weren't offering the phone.

I have the black version, if you want any images of it just shout :)

13. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

i have a nokia 6600 and its a brilliant phone + it plays n-gage games :)