1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Which pump to choose?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Vognen, 1 Feb 2018.

1. Vognen

Vognen Member

I'm planning a casemod with water cooling, but right now I'm stuck in what type of pump of use? I'm planning on using dual 360 rads, GFX, CPU block, reservoir and a milled midplate.

I have 2 x Laing DDC12v 18W and a dual top, but obviously that takes a little more space than a single D5.

Would like a few advices. Should I just stick with my two DDCs or should I buy a D5?

2. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I would just stick with what you've got. They'll do the job just fine. :)

3. 23RO_UK

23RO_UK Hasta Mañana

I'd stick with the two DDC's, the head pressure will be needed to overcome the restrictive nature of the planned loop - you'd certainly lose a lot of flow using a D5.

4. Vognen

Vognen Member

Thanks for the answers. Seems like I'll stick with my trusty DDCs then. Does anyone of you know about modding a non-PWM pump with the soldering method into a PWM? So far I've found contradicting answers on the internet. Also; do you think it would be possible to mill a DDC bracket into the midplate? That way I could have like this Res -> Pump -> Rad -> Rad -> midplate/pump -> GFX -> CPU -> back to res

5. CAF PCs

CAF PCs Custom PCs

I would assume a non PWM doesn't have the correct PCB to allow for PWM at all but I don't know for sure. What do you mean mill a DDC bracket into the midplate? A mounting bracket held in place on the midplate with a couple screws seems very doable with a dremel or drill. If you mean a water distro block, yes you can mount about any pump in a properly designed one. Think of it as a giant two piece acrylic pump top