1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Which Rotozip should I get...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by WizardLock, 18 Nov 2003.

1. WizardLock

WizardLock What's a Dremel?

I want to get a rotozip, but not sure which one to get, and what the differences are? I just want it to cut out the side window, and any other holes or designs in my case.

Thanks!

2. Jivecat

Jivecat What's a Dremel?

What material is you case made out of?

3. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

i have a B&D rt650 look at my project log theres a pic of it there, see sig!

4. Jivecat

Jivecat What's a Dremel?

Maybe I missed it, but the only B&D tool I saw in your log was the RTX rotary tool. This is more of a dremel-type tool than a rotozip. The rotozip should be more likened to a router than anything else.

I have the rotozip revolution and it is quite powerful and has many uses (especially with the Zipmate attachment). However, depending on what materials you plan to be working with will determine whether the cost of the Revolution (the most expensive of the lineup) is justified.

5. Zeke_D

Zeke_D What's a Dremel?

Best I can tell looking at my catalog, the differences are motor size and rpm, with the smallest rotozip not having the same frame so it can't use the circle cutter or right angle cutter. I got the Revolution.

I use my dremel for manicures now and thats about it.

I got an adapter (collet) so I can use bigger bits because I have a larger favorite brand of metal cutting bit. I hacked the hell out of an AT tower just to see what I could do with my beast. Gosh that was fun.

For real projects I have cut dozens of plexi circles and a few case fan holes and one basic round case window and really enjoyed doing it. I recommend you get a flex shaft attachment to make it an all purpose tool for very fine work as well. I modded the circle cutter attachment so I can do 36" circles and made a pin guide that I can hot glue to my materials so I don't need a guide hole in the center of my disks.

I need more coffee, I am rambling.

6. UNO

UNO What's a Dremel?

for a window mod i dont realy think it matters which one you get

i love teh rotozip it is the best tool ever :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

7. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

My mistake! Sorry

8. Jivecat

Jivecat What's a Dremel?

What type of metal cutting bit did you get? From where? How much? :)
    I broke 3 zipbits trying to cut through a 2mm piece of aluminum. The zipmate metal cutoff wheel does a wonderful job of making straight cuts in all metal I've thrown at thus far, but I'd really like to make freehand cuts too.
    Info would be much appreciated.