1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Which small LCD screen?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bursar, 16 Feb 2003.

1. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

I'm looking at getting a 5" or so LCD screen to mount in a case, but I'm not sure which one to get.

It will be hooked up to either a 9700 Pro or an AIW 9700 Pro (haven't bought the card yet, but it will be one of them).

Options are something like a fairly generic screen from Maplins, or something like the PS One screen or the GameCube screen.

Does anyone have any comments on which screen they think will be best?

I guess what I'm really looking to do with it is to run WinAmp visuals and DVD movies when I have my main monitor connected.

How well will it work as a primary screen? It won't be used very often in this capacity, but if it worked well enough, it would be a handy thing to be able to do.

2. hydrogen18

hydrogen18 Banned

any 5 inch lcd capable of NTSC or PAL input should work fine. So a psone screen should be fine.

3. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Is this the thing you mean? Is it possible to rip it's guts out and shove them into a case?

4. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Aye, either one of them or the GameCube version.

However, this one is less than £100 shipped to the UK, and it saves a fair bit of messing around.

I was hoping to hear from people who had used the console screens and could give comparrisons between them, particularly in respect of the resolutions.

5. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

it would be possible just need a converter for video card and the right drivers to set up the second monitor...