1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Which UK Company for laser cutting

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Toka, 18 Feb 2015.

1. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Wonder if any of you fine folk could help me here:

Im looking for a company to do a bit of laser cutting for me. Im making an arduino world clock and want to get the letters cut out from a thin wooden sheet, and possibly the led holder backing board and frame made.

It would be a really small order and the completed pieces would be ok to go in the post, so I guess Im looking for a company somewhere in the uk that is happy to accept a low volume order and possibly hold the hand of a complete noob.

My googling seems to be a bit crap today, has anyone used a company for this sort of work that they would be happy to recommend?

Thanks!

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I use c3engineering for my laser cut parts as they will take small orders and one-offs, they are local to me but I know they will post work also.

Toka likes this.
  3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I've used The Laser Hive a couple of times for my project (Ada, in sig), and I found them helpful and reasonably priced, and keen to deliver a good product.

Toka likes this.
  4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Toka likes this.
  5. Toka

Toka Minimodder

Thanks for all of the ideas folks - really helpful :)