1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Which UK retailers are best/worst about monitor returns?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Risky, 22 Aug 2022.

1. Risky

Risky Modder

I am about to but a new monitor (Gigabyte M34WQ, I think) and wondered if there are any retailers I should avoid in case I have to do a return over stuck pixels?

Thanks in advance, all.

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I think either Overclockers or Scan offer a service where they'll check for stuck/dead pixels before shipping, for a small fee of course. Personally, never had any issues with either of them but I've never had to return a monitor.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Amazon is probably best for returns of any item at all, but there's a caveat: they run a system which basically compares how much you're returning to how much you're spending. If you spend a lot and return little, you're golden: they'll take anything back at any time no questions asked. Literally, you don't even need to talk to someone, it's like three clicks and the value is credited to your account within about an hour of the parcel being dropped off/collected.

If you spend a little and return a lot, though, they'll just 86 your account. Suddenly and without warning.

Oh, and there's the ethical perspective, of course: Bezos is... Bezos, and the majority of returns get crushed and go to landfill. Even if they're fine.

4. Risky

Risky Modder

[Off-topic]I don't have a beef with Bezos, he's the tech billionaire what actually provides services I find useful.[/Off-topic]

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, but he's a union-busting sociopathic billionaire who exploits his workers so he can spend five minutes riding a rocket-powered dick.

But aye, I'm an Amazon Prime member. So much for working-class solidarity, eh?

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Check what gigglebyte's stuck/dead pixel policy is... doesn't matter who you buy it from if Giggglebyte can say 'anything under 5 duds is fine'....

Amazon and Scan are probably the least wort for having to deal with them should there be an issue [in my experience].

Ebuyer can always and forever get in the sea.

7. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Scan do a 48hr turn around on some products, amazon give you the option to buy extra warranty cheap.