1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Which way are you playing DXHR and which Augs did you use?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 26 Aug 2011.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

The 3rd one ? That was easy, even with the
    chip upgrade
    . 1st boss fight on other hand, that was hard as hell until you figured out how to kill that damn
    slow moving tankman

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

PEPs can knock people out - but I believe it's not a 100% guarantee. I find PEPs way too slow to reload anyway, useless gun really. Stun gun/Tranq. Rifle are much more useful.

3. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

HAHAHAHAHA I did the same thing.... was thinking this was gonna be funny by letting the robot take her out... then when that happened I cried a little.:waah:

Been playing with a mish-mash AUG but I know what I'm taking on my next playthrough.
    Its useless getting the extra batteries, just get fast recharge.

@Journeyer: I'm back in Detroit so I'll give that place a peek.

Anyone else find the Sniper rifle (think it was silenced) in the vent on the roof of the Gas Station? I think its only there during the riots cuz of the note left with it.
    I just took the sniper and sold it to the guy downstairs and picked up my one again:thumb:

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

im on my 3rd playthrough atm and im going for a brutal pacifist run, just killed barret and am back in detroit atm.

i ****ing love this game and i ****ing love double takedowns.

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ooh, haven't taken that aug yet!
    I'm with you on the game though; it is pure grade-a awesomeness.

I ran into a bit of trouble trying to stealth my way through the police station ... ended up slaughtering everyone in various horrible ways. I remember, during one particularly tense moment. I had run out of ammo for my 10mm, and had just taken cover behind a photo copyer thinking there was sure to be a vent behind it. There wasn't, and one armoured SWAT guy was searching for me. I needed a way out, spotted a fire extinguisher right next to me, picked it up and threw it at the guy's head when his back was turned. Good fun! (Had I had the strength aug at the time I would have thrown the copyer).

Last edited: 5 Sep 2011
  6. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

My one worry is i'm missing some side quests. I'm 19 hours in and i've just beaten the 2nd boss.

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tbh i first thought it was useless until i started experimenting with it, tranq 1 in a team of 3 and when the other 2 investigate....KNIFE EYES!

as for the cop shop, tbh you really are better off just winning the conversation with Haas and walking in like a boss.

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Hahaha, yes, that was my first idea as well, but it didn't work out unfortunately. In the end I found the roof entrance, which is where things started going south. :thumb:

9. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Same here, I'm 20 hours in at the same point, and I know I've already missed one side quest in Detroit and probably more in Shanghai. I will leave those for the second playthrough though, which I will try to do without killing anyone for the pacifist achievement (can't see me getting the Foxiest of the hounds achievement just yet....seems like you need to max out cloak and battery pretty early on to get that).

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

basically Haas is a *****, just reassure him that shooting a kid in the face wasnt his fault and he'll let you in, he does have period problems so he can give off the wrong signals leading you into losing it quite easily. failing that blow open the doors and typoon hug him.

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/05/augment-your-experience-dxhr-debug-mod/
    :rock:

i think i'll do my 3rd playthrough without health regen (my current full stealth is pretty much same anyway, always keeping health at 200) have all augs and enjoy using as much different abilities as possible.

it's pretty hard to miss sidequests, all of them will be in path of your main mission. just talk to everyone when you are in the hub area.

only thing might be missed is Jenny's in Detroit, and that doctor in Hengsha on 2nd visit.

12. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I just checked a list of side quests and I've got them all so far!

13. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

@Journeyer: HERE YA GO

Managed to get up there using 1 bin, 1 large container lying flat and 1 large container staning up. then used the Super Jump augment

14. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Gah! I haven't taken that one yet!
    So, nothing else of interest up there then? Just the view?

Nice one though. :thumb:

15. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

I found the first boss easy :p different strokes for different folks, also the weapons you're carrying and your augments can cause vastly differing encounters, though they are beatable by all combinations in one way or another I am sure.

I also got pretty much all the talk-downs first try that are available without the augment though I've no idea if it was luck or judgement.

There's also a pretty clever way to take down the last boss if
    you think of the weapons available towards the end of the game and the material that blocks them off from damage
    that makes the whole encounter trivial, but it's good the physics allow you to do it in my opinion.

16. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

First boss?
    I found that a rocket to the face worked wonders on him...

17. faugusztin

You know, you had rockets :). I had grenades :D. Third boss wasn't so hard for me
    , even without augs
    . It was just hit & run.

18. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

Arg, just completed it and never killed anyone but didn't get the trophy for it on steam... must've accidentally killed someone :S whoops! lol

However the only difficult boss fight for me (on hard) was the 2nd one, tranq gun and kept hitting the generators, was far too tired :p

19. faugusztin

It is described here :
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/deus-ex-human-revolution/Pacifist?objectid=14220592

1) you are not allowed to kill enemies in prologue either (when Jensen wasn't augmented yet).
    2) And :

TheLegendJoe likes this.
  20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

sorry, this made me lol