1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WhiteIce | BIG PICTURE UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by illvit, 14 Dec 2004.

?

How should the finnish on the plexi be?

Poll closed 9 Jan 2005.
  1. Clear blank

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Matt(icy)

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. White under the plexi(mirror)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

looking good dude!

Good luck with rest like to see the end result!!

- S

2. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Update!

Done with the tank with a pump inside (Maybe I should clean it soon. It looks like it is a little bit dirty)
    [​IMG]

Made a plate that the tank could hang on
    [​IMG]

A picture of the case
    [​IMG]

The processor AMD64 Mobile 3200+
    [​IMG]

What do you think? Come with comments!

3. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Update #2

The fans is fasten to the radiator
    [​IMG]

But how? The answer is strips[​IMG]

4. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Update

I found out that it wasn't enough room for the cd-rom, and all the plates was glued to the chasis. In pure desperation, I sawed off the topplate that was glued to the case, and rake away the backplate.I think I am gonna make a new top-plate. The old one wasn't looking to good indentpendly
    [​IMG]

I fixed a little of the front. Rounded some edges and corners.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I placed a football beside the case so you could get a little notion of how big the case really are
    [​IMG]

Here's a picture of the case with radiator with/fans and fansfilter inside of the case.
    [​IMG]

And with the homemade plexi-fangrill fasted in a elegant way with tape
    [​IMG]

Everything has to be packed closely together.Almost like a barebone. The dimension of the case will be ca. (high)38cm, (with)18cm og (length)30cm
    [​IMG]

This is how I have planned that the front will look like. The fancontroller is placed innermost straight with the plexi-fangrill .And then come the bowed plexi(not made yet) with a lcd-screen inside. The lcd-screen hide the fancontrol.The bowed plexi is going to be clear .
    [​IMG]

5. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

hi... ive been following this

no offence but wtf are you doing? i dont mean to sound harsh but if i were sponsering you i would have withdrawl all sponsering and/or told you to re-make the case, that looks s*** imo, although i like the idea of a wooden pc case, can you atleast do it properly

sorry for being harsh

take care

6. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

It will look fine in the end. I haven't sparkled the case yet. The case will be coulored white, but it will be a long time to that.

7. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

*sigh* it actually looks crooked. Oh man.

8. adamjones01101

adamjones01101 What's a Dremel?

Just my two cents' worth. I wouldn't build a case with plywood, as it seems to warp very easily. If it were up to me, I would remake the case in some sort of hardwood, and instead of painting it white in the end, I would leave it as a stained and lacquered woodgrain finish. Again, just my two cents' worth. Other than that, looks to be good...good luck!

9. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

It will be better. I can sit on the case without that the case broke. As told earlyer, it's the plates that hold the case together. I love the colour white. What do you mean with "two cents' worth"?

10. adamjones01101

You've never heard the phrase "my two cents' worth"? Basically means my small suggestion.

11. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

As harsh as some people are being i will have to agree that it doesnt look very good. However as most things do, everything starts out small and ugly (hey..look at babies) and grow into quite beautifull things!

Keep it up, hope it turns out better. I did have one question though, when you paint it are you going to use regular flat paint? Or are you going to use a more special paint to give it that shiney look?

12. Mr.B

Mr.B What's a Dremel?

You have 11 posts and havent even posted any type of worklog on here. I feel this is all that i need to say right now. :yawn:

Keep goin man, the only thing i think i would be scared about is that pump, is this pump going to be submerged in water??? That thing leaking all over your 16 whatever hundred dollar parts would be a tragedy.

Bryan - (doesnt understand how kids that are 15 get this much money. Bryan who is 21 doesnt even have half that much money :worried: )

13. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Allright, thanks.

Thanks for the backing . I have thought to give the case a shiny white look.

Thanks for the backing:) The pump is going to be submerged in the water. And relax, I will leaktest it first.

14. sc4mpi

sc4mpi OG watercooler

tbh dont go with the pump in that tupperware pot as it looks very ghetto and 2nd its going to leek. Tupperware pots aint designed to hold water for longperiods of time.

Y not scrap that idea with the res and the pump and get yourself a L20 pump and a small resivior such a mini tank-0-matic or just go with a fill pipe, would save a lot ow hassle and would be better looking in the long run i recon :)

P.s stop using paint filler everywere its ruining it

15. purepope

purepope Banned

leave him alone, thats the same thing my shop teacher said to me but i showed him, my cuts used to be cruuked but i could make then perfect with a 12mm chissle and a mallet, my cuts are still crooked but im the "best" in the class.
    i also noticed at the start ur saw is like a long one, u should be using a tenning saw, and a square, u probably could borrow one...?

16. blknoel

blknoel What's a Dremel?

I have the same Radiator, and I prefer calling it Heator Core :D

You should be getting nice temps with it on your DTR 3200 :thumb:

17. adamjones01101

I agree that the cuts look at least *somewhat* crooked...but if you say that the mod will turn out good, then it just may do so. Good luck, and...try to clean up those cuts.

18. -Enforcer-5716M4

-Enforcer-5716M4 What's a Dremel?

Hi there fellow modder, don't let the critique discourage you. I must admit that in the present stage the case looks like scrap in scrap, but I'm shure it'll look pimp in the end! Keep it up :thumb:

19. illvit

illvit What's a Dremel?

Thanks everybody!

Here comes an update

Update

The first thing I did today was to make a backplate that I glued on. Notice the beautyful bow that I have made. It makes the case a little bit special.[​IMG]

Fixed some stuff in the front
    [​IMG]

Just a picture
    [​IMG]

A little guide aobut how you stealth a drive

You saw first out a bite of plexi that is at the same size as the front of the cd-rom
    [​IMG]

THen you make some eminence here and there, and a little plexibite on the button.
    [​IMG]

And then you clash the big plexibite over everything.(Everything is glued with silikon)
    [​IMG]

The watertank is incidentally completely tight(not leaking)
    [​IMG]

Sprayed the backside of the psu-window white
    [​IMG]

This is how it looks now.[Without blitz]
    [​IMG]

[With blitz]
    [​IMG]

Maybe something is a little bit skewed, but that is just temporary. I sprayd the cd-rom-stealth, and had ofcourse to do the same with the fangrill to get everything matching.
    [​IMG]

20. deadly-app

deadly-app What's a Dremel?

What The ****.