1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Whitney Houston has died...

Discussion in 'General' started by greypilgers, 12 Feb 2012.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Such an easy thing to say!

Enjoy the high ground ;)

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

If you find your kid doing drugs, the first thing you should do is ask yourself where you screwed up as a parent.

3. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Could not agree more and would still do the same thing. I spent 7 1/2 yrs in the cops and I have seen what drugs do to people. I have had to take people home in a police van or role up to parents houses to asked if they know a certain person. Until you have endured that you will not know what it is like.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2012
  4. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

If it was natural causes my heart would go out to her

5. Nexxo

Totally agree with your course of action. Just saying that the mental weakness that leads to drug addiction is, well, a bit layered.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Calling the cops on your kids because they did drugs could very well have the opposite effect you would be aiming for.

I know I wouldn't do that.

7. Nexxo

Depends. Toking a bit of pot? No. Getting pissed? No. Drunk driving? Yup. Doing heroin, stealing from the family and committing crimes to support the habit? Definitely. It all depends on who is (likely to be) harmed. If it is just the kid, professional help may be called for. If it is also others, boundaries have to be set, and it is primarily the parents' duty to do so.

Last edited: 14 Feb 2012
  8. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I heard a mother the other day say to her crying toddler......

"if you dont stop crying im going to punch your ****ing face in"

Hmm, wonder how he is going to turn out, probably not that well......drugs, gangs, prison.

9. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Sorry, mate, but I think you'll find you don't have to be drunk to drown. Simply falling into a deep sleep is enough. This has unfortunately been proven before. My point however, is that we should reserve judgement and condemnation until we have all the information, then, let the stones be thrown.

:)

10. Nexxo

Link please?

11. greypilgers

greypilgers What's a Dremel?

Luckily not all information I have been given is from Google. I have a friend who qualified as a full doctor the year before last. It is possible that some people may fall asleep so deeply that the normal reflexes are bypassed and drowning could occur. It is also possible that excessively high temperatures in the water can contribute to a 'fainting' effect' and incapacitate the person involved. There are a number of reasons why a person may drown whilst in a bath without there being any nefarious drinking or drug taking involved.

I believe that some current media reports are suggesting that Whitney may have had some kind of chemical inducement in this case, however. If that is indeed the case, it's a shame.