1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Who do I use instead of Royal Mail?

Discussion in 'General' started by sotu1, 25 Oct 2009.

1. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Bizarre question this,

but since all the fuss about RoyalMail strike action, who should I use instead? All I need to do is send a CV to a location in England so it's nothing fancy, but I want it to get there before Thursday!

Cheers guys

sotu x

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

DHL I suppose or any courier

3. weasal

weasal New Member

You could send it with Royal Mail using special delivery as they are ensuring that service throughout the strikes.

Otherwise You will be looking to courier that are licensed to deliver letter which are a harder to find as not all are licensed. Maybe looking towards the bigger places such as parcel force, DHL or similar.

Chris

4. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

ok, cheers guys, much appreciated!

5. weasal

weasal New Member

Just checked about the special delivery.

The guarantee is only in place until Thursday so as long as its sent Monday or Tuesday then with the next day service guaranteed it would definitely be delivered by wed. Not sure how lucky you would get if its sent after Tuesday.

Chris

6. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

DHL are quite good better than using the Post Office

7. SJH

SJH Active Member

I read an interesting article on the BBC News website where they explained that out of all companies that deliver mail and such like, the Royal Mail are the only organisation that have a legal obligation to deliver an item to any postcode in the UK. So you can send a letter from Inverness to Penzance and the Royal Mail would have to deliver it for the same price that they'd charge for delivering a letter two streets away. Nobody else has to do this.