1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Who else is a ***** when it comes to hot weather??

Discussion in 'General' started by stuartpb, 23 May 2010.

1. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

We had about 30°C here yesterday afternoon and it wasn't a great deal cooler in the shade. For once we also had minimal wind which made it thoroughly miserable for yours truly.

Generally any temperature above -10°C and below 20°C keeps me happy but colder is a hell of a lot easier to deal with as opposed to hotter. It makes me very glad that I work in an office with air con nowadays as opposed to in a transport yard - loading a 42 foot steel sided trailer that has been sat out in the sun all day is not something I ever want to have to do again. Temperatures were frequently over 45°C (113°F for those of you across the pond) which is not exactly pleasant to work in.

The fact that I am ridiculously fair skinned doesn't help either. I have 3 choices in sunlight 1) stay out of the light 2) regular or 3) extra crispy :(

2. Chombo

Chombo What's a Dremel?

I love it when its 100+ fahrenheit (or 37ish Celsius if the maths are correct). Thats when golf is the cheapest! Plus, thats when all the Canadians leave and I can actually get to work on time.

3. SweatyRod

SweatyRod Bah! Boh!

I also hate the hot weather,especially when you are working,it just builds up and you become a big ball of sweat.Makes me tired as well,god I sound like an old biddy who has just missed her afternoon nap.

On the other side of the argument,Cold weather is just as annoying,I love the hot weather as long as there's a nice breeze to accompany it.Two words on how to enjoy hot weather : Air Conditioning.

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Awwww yeahhhhh, it's creeper season baby!

What's that? Oh the binoculars are for looking at the sea birds, and the camera is for enjoying this wonderful scenery. :worried:

5. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

AFAIK sweating is the whole point of it. I heard it's the reason mexican traditional clothes are thick and heavy, to make you sweat and the sweat cools you down.

6. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Meh, just go commando. As soon as it brakes the 25*C mark thats what I do.

7. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

I hate HATE summer, especially now I've moved to Saskatchewan. Summers here get up to 45c, with 0% humidity (So arrid it pulls the moisture out of your skin!). While winters get down to -40, you can always put on more layers. When it comes to heat, it's impossible to take off your skin and sit in your bones. :/

8. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, we were going to Cleethorpes for the day today. We got back a few hours ago, and my youngest daughter really enjoyed herself. In fact we all did. I have caught the sun on my arms and neck badly, and it's stinging like hell at the moment, but it was worth it:yes: It was pretty cloudy in the morning, with a strong wind coming in from the sea. We were actually cold when we first got there. It was great:D When the sun came out it was warmer, but nicely warm not the silly warm of the past few days.

Here's a few snaps of the day:

[​IMG]
    This is my daughter trying to make the little windmills go around.

[​IMG]
    Making a sandcastle. The tide was out till the afternoon, so the sand was dry and warm for her. I had to dig deep for the damp sand for her castle.

[​IMG]
    My daughter and I on the boating lake. There were several islands in the lake, with geese, swans and ducks. She loved this, I was a bit wonky with my steering of the boat:p:

[​IMG]
    You can't go to the English coast without a ride on the donkeys. This was probably my daughter's favourite part of the day.

The coastal towns in the UK have been taking a hiding for years now, in terms of the number of visitors and money coming into the towns from tourists, and Cleethorpes is no exception. There were a lot of small shops and attractions that were shut down since we last came here, and it's sad to see these towns in decline. Having said that though, we all still had a great day!

9. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Aloe vera lotion takes the sting off nicely, I've not found anything else that works as well. I got properly crispy crittered a few years ago on my arms, sides of my neck and lower part of my face. It's now a permanent addition to the medecine cabinet.

10. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Thanks, I will give that a go.:thumb:

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I can handle the heat, as long as I don't have to do anything. I can't, however, handle the humidity - that just kills me :(. I also burn extremely easily...

I shaved my head before Glastonbury one year and didn't wear a hat. Very bad idea. The first day was absolutely baking, and I had a bit of a nap up at the Stone Circle. Sunburned head is an extreme understatement. Imagine that blistering and crustiness all over your head. For three days. Not very comfortable waking up with your head stuck to your sleeping bag.

The worst part was that it was baking hot on the first day, then it p*ssed down with rain for the next 4 days. I managed to get really nasty sunburn on the only hot day. :duh: I guess I made the most of it at least...

Suffice it to say, I bought a hat at Sonisphere...

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

tonight has been perfect, warm, sunny with a cool breeze and little/no humidity, felt like a millionaire driving home, decided to pull into a garage and get a machie wash, felt even better knowing my car was shinier then everyone elses on the way home.

13. phantombudgie

phantombudgie What's a Dremel?

I don't do transitions well, but once it's been up at 25C for a few days I get used to it. Until then, it's time to sweat like a beast :blush:

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Love this weather!!

It's been 25*C-30*C over the weekend. While it's horrid working in a kitchen in this heat, when I'm outside it's awesome!! Rugby in the park, swimming in the rivers etc...

Although it does end up with me getting seriously sticky...

15. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

I prefer the heat over the cold. Hate it atm tho cause I was out camping over the weekend and got burned. Means Im stuck inside doing nothing. I like running around but when its cold I can't get going, I just stand there shivering. I do football coaching in Romania and can happily run round till i physically can't, usually im burnt or muscles hurt. its sitting in my own sweat I hate, when Im running around i don't usually think about it.

16. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

The last couple days have had a Mediterranean feel to them. Enjoyed it. I could spend all day in it fairly happily..except I would crisp like a bit of bacon. It's the sitting at my pc sweating like a pig in the evenings I'm not so fond of.

17. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

^This. I could barely stay awake during my A2 exam today. Hot weather and differential maths don't mix well for me, not to mention I forgot to fuel up on relentless.

18. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Come to Norway, then. A couple weeks ago we had temperatures below zero at night, and about 5deg. pluss wind during the day.

Now we have about 12deg. during daytime, and about 4 at night.

And rain the rest of the week... Whohoo!...

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I also washed my car tonight, but I hate machine washes. An auto wash ruined the paintwork on one of my Dads cars once a long time ago and I was put off for life. I spent about 4 hours this evening in the cool breeze but bright sunshine doing the following to my new car:

De-Tar --> Hand wash --> re-soak --> Chamois --> Wash alloys --> Detail alloys --> Gel Tires --> Wax paint --> Hoover interior --> Dust & polish dash & console --> Clean glass

It looks better than it did the day I picked it up from the showroom 6 weeks ago :D I find this sort of "work" so relaxing, and very rewarding. The car looks great all shone up :) I should go out tomorrow morning and take a couple of photos to update the "what do you drive" gallery.

20. pennyman86

pennyman86 What's a Dremel?

You guys are crazy The weather is perfect this time of year where i live Oklahoma today it was 90f and I ran 3 miles! I will be running in this heat for the rest of the summer already started getting my runners tan cha ching!