1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays who here has tried a new 120hz LCD ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by knuck, 9 May 2009.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Here are the two models i foun
    Viewsonic VX2265WM
    Samsung 2233RZ

They are 480 and 450$ respectively, which is wayyyyyyyyyy too expensive for a 22" LCD.

However, you asked if UT would be worth that kind of money for me.... It would be if I knew that the result would amaze me, but I don't think it's worth the gamble in the position I am now.

I wouldn't mind buying it to try if it was available in store, but online it's a pain to return items :-/

2. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

That's them. I'd suggest going to try them in-store (but then I'd suggest just straight-up buying them because of GeForce 3D!) but you don't specify whether it's just UT or everything that sucks on your monitor. I mean, if it's only UT, you could certainly pick up the CRT of your dreams for less, too...

By the way - seriously? UT? :eyebrow: Different strokes for different folks, I guess...

3. b5k

b5k What's a Dremel?

//Offtopic
    I think the scalability of the Unreal engine leaves a lot to be desired as well as its SDK.
    Vid_restart and every ID engine ever made (and every game made with them) has .cfg files that do exactly the same thing. :thumb:

4. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I did say once in a previous post that UT was the worse but not the only game I see tearing in. I'd say the second worse game is Mirror's Edge and the third one being Braidà

Yes UT. All the other games are too noob friendly to me. Most people think UT is for noobs, but that's because they're never played against good caliber players and never learned to play properly themselves.

id make great engines too. I wasn't claiming UT to have the best. I don't know id engines deeply enough to really say anything bad about them and I never had any troubles with them in the past so I guess it's a good thing.