1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Who here is going to wait to buy a 360?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by allforcarrie, 22 Nov 2005.

1. allforcarrie

allforcarrie Banned

I am going to wait to actuly play a 360 before I Buy one.

2. Agamer

Agamer Minimodder

I am going wait to play one also, but also I am planning on waiting a while at least till I see a price drop as there is no way I am paying the launch price for it, though I will get one if only for the inevitable halo 3.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Im not gonna wait to play, but im gonna wait until I can afford a 24" Dell to run it on and buy them both together. Also, when I can
    mod-chip it
    to add extra functionality.

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Nov 2005
  4. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I'm going to wait for some more killer games to come out.

Plus it will be hard getting one in the Dominican Republic! :D

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I didn't try before I... buy'd (?!).

As a long time Xbox gamer I had (almost) every confidence that Microsoft would follow it up with an even better product in the form of the 360 (call it blind faith) with Live being pretty much the bestest thing in the world ever. Like. So I laid down my preorder fee and now look forward to the UK launch next week. Sure, no launch is ever perfect gameswise, but the reviews, overall coverage, and first hand impressions of those that have them in the US give me confidence that I am not going to regret it.

I think the people that pick a console up at launch are a strange breed. It gives you the excitement that you simply don't have further down the line. The feeling of being there first (relatively). The anticipation of playing games and hardware that hasn't had a chance to establish itself is (for me and others atleast) quite an exciting prospect. The fact that this looks like one of the few launches to include genuinely top drawer games is even better.

6. mushky

mushky gimme snails

I normally would have got my pre order on but this time round it's just not practical as I need my cash for a holiday and new car. Xbox 360 isn't really high on my list at the moment, as shocked as I am actually typing that! If I didn't have these other expensive distractions then i'd probably be queueing up at Tesco or whatever come midnight.

If I had £400 burning a hole in my pocket then I would probably try and get one but it's just not that important to me. Maybe i'm finally growing up...

nah :p

7. Twellmann

Twellmann Carnivorous Homunculus

I haven't got the money for a Ferrari.

8. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

all you people who are waiting for xbox 360 probly have PS2 right? ........

9. seebul

seebul Minimodder

how many more threads are there gonna be about the XBOX 360????? :eyebrow:

Last edited: 22 Nov 2005
  10. fartonmyear

fartonmyear What's a Dremel?

11. Tarff

Tarff What's a Dremel?

Same. Waiting for some games that actually interest me too.

12. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

XBox 360? Sorry, I'm a loyal Playstation fanboy.

Besides, the demo that I saw at Wal-mart, "see high definition gaming" did not look very good at all- the screen they put it on did not lok any more crisp than the other screens at all. That might simply be because it was on a standard TV, but i dought that since the sign said "see high definition gaming" (or something to that extent). The game demo'd (no clue what it was, looked a lot like Battelfield, a little kid was stuck on the XBox so I couldn't try it) seem'd to have pretty low resolution. . . I was not impressed.

L J

13. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

I've pre-ordered mine and i cant help taking into account all this negativity..i dont have a HD TV and it seems pointless and unimpressive, ill probably cancel pre-order.

Ice

14. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

From the accounts Ive been reading today, it still looks rad even on a regular tube, provided you use the right AV leads. Failing that, stick it into your computer monitor for high res gaming on the cheap.

15. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

I may connect it to monitor, i have quite a good one..is just a simple plug and play thing or is there software involved?

Ice

16. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Buy the VGA adapter lead for £20. Connect. Play games ;) I bought a 22inch Hitachi CRT off eBay in the summer for £50. You cannot begin to imagine how chuffed I am with that investment now.

Tags: