1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Who here is stupid?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Dr_kazza, 11 Jun 2002.

1. Dr_kazza

Dr_kazza What's a Dremel?

I know I am...

There is a very simple way to tell... answer yes to any of these questions... (if you answer yes to the third you also qualify as prize cretin!)

1) Have you ever sat with a cup of tea/coffee/canobeer/beverage on your desk with the mug DIRECTLY above your case which contains a top blowhole?

2) Have you ever sat with a cup of tea/coffee/canobeer/beverage on your desk with the mug DIRECTLY above your case which although doesn't have a top blowhole does have the side/top removed?

3) have you ever thought about the fact that you have done 1 or 2 and realised what an idiot you'd be if you spilt your tea but STILL gone on to put the tea there afterwards???

Yours honerably Cretin #1

p.s. I haven't dropped it but I know it could happen
    :eeek:

2. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

why don't you get rid of the top blowhole then and put a cup holder there?

3. Jordanis3r

Jordanis3r Jigsaw Master

ummm doh!

i have all my components working , but spread across a little table in my bedroom at knee elvel whilst i do my next project...i quite reg drink over it or place beer bottles on the same table nestling between wires--rounded ide cable makes as great beer bottle holder!

4. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

or how about this...

when planning to cut a blow hole in the top of your case, you notice how much it has to be cleaned because it has soda/coffee/tea stains from past spillage and yet you cut anyway...:eyebrow:

oh yeah, this is a good idea you might think to yourself

5. Cool Hand

Cool Hand King of the park

i had a big full glass of orange pop placed on top of a tv.....you can guess what happined...

6. eddie_dane

I have always had nightmarish images of the liquid being sprayed everywhere by the fans... :eeek:

7. relix

relix Minimodder

on a 3-day lan, on the third day (non-stop, without sleep) I hit my caffeine-beverage (red bull) with my mousecord and it flew all over my keyboard -> broken :(

8. scopEDog

scopEDog Minimodder

Well i'm not stupid :D :D but my friend just picked up a new dog...and he pooped on his keyboard lol...lesson learned..potty train your pet!

9. brutal

brutal What's a Dremel?

red bull gave your keyboard its wings after death :)

10. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Well, I get countless calls every week from users who's keyboard has "stopped working". Oh the fools...the first thing the field engineer does is sniff the keyboard. One call out fee, one replacement keyboard = cha-chinggg$$$$

11. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Oh...same here. Used to work as onsite support. I have actually asked people of they were drinking around the keyboard. They say no, of course. Tip the keyboard on it's edge and watch the water trickle out.

I have to admit though...I have spilled almost a whole pepsi into my desktop machine at work. Processor started racing...sounded like a jet engine. One MOBO...FRIED!!! :eeek:

12. samuelellis

samuelellis What's a Dremel?

i quite often put glasses of drink & cups of coffee on top of my tv, monitor, ontop of / next to my case without its side & i have never spilt any on my computer systems (i even have an old 2X cd-rom drive on my desk wired to the powersupply of my pc as a coffee holder & (after much reinforcemetn) the tray holds a full cup (its being incoporated in my next case mod)

13. synctec

synctec What's a Dremel?

Have you ever try leavin your pizza(with box) on top of your blow hole. While you are too busy with your work and you are actually heating it up.HAHA :idea:

14. sobriquet

sobriquet What's a Dremel?

i just set my drinks directly on the case, of course i have no blowhole/window or anything but drives for it to get into if i spilled it

15. essjaytee

essjaytee emtarkanderundergunderson

when I worked Helldesk for a big hospital I witnessed a somewhat funny situation. The nurses' stations have a thin counter that is higher than the main desk behind it (the front side is for standing, the lower side is for the PC and people sitting to use it)

So, I'm walking along to fix an unrelated problem when someone knocks a full cup of coke from the top counter straight into the vent holes of the unsuspecting monitor below. There's a *boom* as the monitor and UPS die a sudden and undeserved death. There's a small pall of smoke rising from the back of the monitor, like the smoke from a crematorium's chimney. You could almost hear the monitor saying "goodbye cruel world"

So, then the nurses ask me and the tech that was with me if it would be okay to turn it back on!!? GOOD GOD NO!! is what we replied. Remember kids, these are the people that hold the lives of yourself and your loved-ones in their hands in desperate times. ****, I wouldn't trust them with a pencil eraser.

later,

S.

16. eddie_dane

I can tell essjaytee has told that one an number of times... very refined delivery and vivid imagery... :hehe: you may make it to my siggy quotes soon...

17. Iamgoodyy

Iamgoodyy What's a Dremel?

You guys do realize that desks do serve a purpose?

18. essjaytee

essjaytee emtarkanderundergunderson

I believe this is generally at the point at which all other horizontal surfaces are filled with other crap; Empty cans, plates, CDs, etc etc. It's either on the PC or your lap, and everyone knows you can't play CS while trying to balance a drink on your crotch. Hell, I had major problems the other night talking on my phone while playing. I kept hitting my talk key each time I spoke :)

ps: I haven't related that particular story many times :) I just sometimes have a creative writing style, it seemed to fit the story :)

later,

S.

19. relix

relix Minimodder

lol, you should go out more dude! Well, I have the same kind of problem... :D

20. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

a mate of mine managed to pour a pint and a half of water , from a hoegaarden pint glass (those things are hooooooooge) ove my keyboard . He must have hit it like tyson hits his wife... cos those glasses r damn heavy

it kinda worked and then when i typed would display the wrong symbols, i think A went to ~ , it was quite amusing while i was waiting for a new keyboard trying to type int his new language.