1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Who is the Stig?

Discussion in 'General' started by GiGo, 12 Dec 2005.

1. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Following the discussion in the Top Gear thread about the Stig I thought it better to keep the conversation away from the discussion thread of the acctual program.

So here goes:

The original "black stig" is Perry McCarthy he filmed the first 22 shows. I believe they changed him after they fired him off the end of the aircraft carrier in an attempt to beat a harrier jump jet in accleration in the Top Gear Jag, thos who remember there jag, it was great, they managed to bet nearly every supercar in accleration, tho it would be hard to beat the Bugatti.

So here are the Rumours:
    Ben Collins
    Nigal Mansell
    Daemon Hill

More information can be found here

To quote dom:
    He includes piccies but I dont wont to tie up his bandwidth.

To quote Shadow_101
    #

Now to quote Bigz
    to quote poot
    I would like to beleive he is just an amazing driver who is flamed by the F1 world for being far to good!

Reply with thoughts and comments on who he could be.

Regards
    GiGo

2. RepLiKa

RepLiKa What's a Dremel?

For all we no it could b a current F1 driver.

We assume he's a failed F1 driver, but we dont no.

3. dom_

dom_ --->

well they used an f1 test driver to take the f1 car around the track and the owner of that masseratti drove it himself.
    so yes they use more than one stig. but i did think that nigel could be one of them. why else would they hint at him being the stig and then cut in the clips of him with the stigs helmet on?

ok i thought i would put my post from the other thread in here too. also some people said that the stig doesnt wear the helmet in the first pics. he doesnt. the helmet changes in the pics hence the different visor.

ok so first the words then the pictures.
    nigel mansell was on top gear this week. some people think he is the stig, i think i have proof.

first off during his lap jeremy said: all of the f1 drivers took this corner the other way to the stig, which way do you take it?
    he took it the stigs way.
    he also asked if he is still competitive.
    he said he has to be.
    he also says that the stig said someone could do that track in that car in 1min44seconds.
    he did it in? 1min 44seconds.
    now this isnt exactly comprehensive but... look below.

(click for larger pictures)
    picture1:
    This is nigel with a white helmet with black and red detail and the visor up (the visor is up in every clip except one) the visor is smoked black.
    [​IMG]

picture2:
    here you can see his gloves white with red detail.
    [​IMG]

picture3:
    here you see the stigs helmet with a holographic type visor.
    [​IMG]

pictures 4 and 5:
    here you can see more of the stigs distinctive helmet and the gloves (white with red detail)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

picture6:
    now as he exits the corner we are back to nigels starting helmet with the visor up.
    [​IMG]

more than a hint i think from the bbc as to who the stig really is or are they taking the mick?

edit: also you can see during the stig clip that he is wearing a black top not the normal white racing suit. like the top nigel is wearing! you can see this in picture 5 if you click for the bigger version.

so question, why would they hint at this and put the clip in if he wasnt one of the stigs?

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

There's just 1 problem dom - when the stig's around he always looks about half the size of him... Other than that, we can only speculate.

5. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Its me

6. dom_

dom_ --->

thats a plant krikkit so you dont know its him ¬_¬

7. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

TBH the whole multiple person thign sounds plausible. Nearly everyting on TG is faked or spun in some way so i wouldent be surprised to find out they have used differant people

8. dom_

dom_ --->

indeed, there are 3 confirmed stigs, the black stig, the f1 driver and the mc12 driver.
    so they have probably had many of them.

9. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I think they use alot of different stigs. There are alot of different reasons why they would do this. I don't really care who it is though.. It's just something fun in top gear. I love it when they intro him! Does somebody have a list with all the intro's?

L

10. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

11. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Nigel is too chubby, the Stig is much thinner and shorter than Mansell. They claimed they had "The Stig" at MPH05 this year and he was a very short skinny guy.

12. Silver Shamrock

Silver Shamrock What's a Dremel?

I think it's our own Damon 'Sheriff of Nottingham' Hill.

13. VincentVega

VincentVega What's a Dremel?

I'm the Stig!
    No, I'm the Stig!
    </Spartacus>

Tags: